PDA

View Full Version : What Routes Would You Like To See For MSTS???

eaglefan9727
05-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Since the announcement of TMTS being put on hold. It seems like MSTS will be around alot longer than people thought, So over the past couple days. I have thinking what routes I would like to see made for MSTS (payware or freeware), So route builders who look at this thread can get a idea of what people like you and I would like to see on upcoming routes, So why not post a couple of your routes that you would be interested in seeing for MSTS and maybe a route builder will see a route that he would like doing and will do it for MSTS.

Some of the routes that I would like to see for MSTS is as follows:

Soldier Summit (From what I hear, MLT is doing this route)
Beaumont Pass
Sherman Hill
Lordsburg Subdivision
Soladad Canyon (Hopefully, I spelled it correctly)

Those are the routes that I would like to see come out for MSTS in the future. Hopefully, All of the routes I suggested will come out for MSTS.

What are yours?

Eaglefan

RonMays
05-25-2006, 02:16 AM
Easy one. I would like to see Marc Nelson and 3DT finish the CSX Mountain Subdivision from Cumberland MD to Grafton WV, the old B&O West End

USRailFan
05-25-2006, 04:31 AM
-A steam-era US route set in the late 20s/early 30s, when steam still reigned supreme

-NEC v4 overhauled and extended to New York

-A Japanese Shinkansen route

ddcat2004
05-25-2006, 04:50 AM
Is the CSX Mountain Sub a continuation of the Sandpatch route from MLT? I am just curious because I saw that it starts at Cumberland MD where the Sandpatch starts and ends.

Rich P
05-25-2006, 06:20 AM
I'd agree with an overhaul/extension of the NEC - to have the entire Boston-New York would be sweet :) I'd also like to see a few good British routes, as they are in somewhat short supply. The West Coast Main Line, at least as far as Carlisle would be good, as would the Birmingham CrossCity Line and Midland Mainline route from London to Sheffield etc.

wilceaser
05-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Reading Lines,
From Tamaqua to The Reading Terminal in Philadelphia, with a branch including the Locust Summit Grade (3%).
Just wishfull thinking.....
Ron

SVTS
05-25-2006, 07:52 AM
CSX from Washington DC west to Cumberland Md, AKA the Metro Sub / Old Main Line. A little bit of everything: Commuter, Amtrak, Intermodels, Coal, Autoracks, Manifest, not to mention scenery that ranges from urban to farmland with several bridges spanning the Potomac River and a few tunnels too.

Curt
05-25-2006, 10:04 AM
1. Feather River (yes, I know it's being developed)
2. Beaumont Hill
3. Blue Mountains
4. UP's Shasta line,from Dunsmuir to Klamath Falls.
5. BNSF's Highline, running north from Keddie.
6. Tennessee Pass

cbq311
05-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Beaumont is being worked on at this time, no ETA.

eaglefan9727
05-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Blue Mountains....What part of the US is that?

Eaglefan

cbq311
05-25-2006, 10:32 AM
The UP in Idaho.

Curt
05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Blue Mountains, aka UP's La Grande sub, runs from Hinkle yard to Huntington, through the scenic and challenging (2.2% grades and tight curves) Blue Mountains, through eastern Oregon and into Idaho.

eaglefan9727
05-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Thats what I thought, Because there is a Blue Mountains route from AU that is available for download somewhere.

Eaglefan

plainsman
05-25-2006, 12:16 PM
The Texas and Pacific Railroad from Fort Worth to El Paso, including Santa Fe lines to connect Brownwood and San Angelo. This would offer high speed running over the eastern section, with some mountain terrain out in far West Texas. There was an excellent passenger service that would serve Fort Worth, Abilene, Midland, Odessa, Pecos, and El Paso. There were a number of large refineries that would provide major industrial shipping points.
http://www.texaspacificrailway.org/?p=4

csxt602
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
>Is the CSX Mountain Sub a continuation of the Sandpatch route
>from MLT? I am just curious because I saw that it starts at
>Cumberland MD where the Sandpatch starts and ends.

Nope, completely seperate route. Sandpatch (aka CSX's Keystone Sub) runs from Cumberland, MD to Connellsville, PA. The West End (aka CSX's Mountain Sub) runs from Cumberland, MD to Grafton, WV. The 2 routes split off at Viaduct Jct. which is the west end of the Cumberland Terminal Sub.

csxt602
05-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm with Chris. I'd love to see CSX's Cumberland Sub (Cumberland, MD to Point of Rocks, MD) and the triangle, Old Main Line Sub (Point of Rocks, MD to Halethorpe, MD), Metropolitan Sub (Point of Rocks, MD to Washington, DC) and Capital Sub (Washington, DC to Halethorpe, MD). That would tie into the RF&P at Washington, meaning that you could run From Cumberland to Fredericksburg, VA (and eventually Richmond hopefully) and from Cumberland to Baltimore. Sweetness for B&O, Chessie and CSX fans! :D

atsf37l
05-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Santa Fe's Pasadena Sub from LAUPT to San Bernardino, via Pasadena.
Santa Fe's Third District, LAUPT to San Bernardino via Riverside - with branches to San Jacinto and Lake Elsinore.
SP Coast Line, LAUPT to Santa Barbara via Santa Susana Pass.
SP Coast Line, Santa Barbara to San Jose.
SP Coast Line, San Jose to 3rd & Townsend, San Francisco.
SP Solidad Canyon line, LAUPT to Palmdale.
SP Sunset Route, Beaumont to Yuma - Yuma to Tucson - Tucson to El Paso - El Paso to Houston - Houston to Nawlins.
Santa Fe Texas Routes - Any of 'em.

RonMays
05-25-2006, 03:50 PM
>Is the CSX Mountain Sub a continuation of the Sandpatch route
>from MLT? I am just curious because I saw that it starts at
>Cumberland MD where the Sandpatch starts and ends.

Sandpatch and the Mountain Sub meet at Viaduct Junction in Cumberland. Viaduct Junction is in the Sandpatch Route. The tracks curving off over the viaduct are on the Mountain Sub. Sandpatch goes up into PA while the Mountain Sub goes west toward Wheeling. After they meet in Cumberland the main line heads east to Harper's Ferry WV and Brunswick MD, then they split again at Point of Rocks MD with one main going to Baltimore and the other to Washington.

eaglefan9727
05-25-2006, 04:21 PM
WOW Herb, You got alot of routes you would like out for MSTS.

As me being a native Southern Californian (Arcadia/Pasadena area), I wouldnt mind seeing some of those routes you suggested, but how about the SP route that goes from West Colton to Burbank via City Of Industry, El Monte, Alhambra, and Taylor Yard?

If I was good at building routes, This would be the route that I would build, Because I know it pretty good in the back of my head from my railfanning days, But with very little experience at building routes. I guess that route might have to wait. I guess that is why I am building a fantasy route.

I DO like your choices on routes.

Eaglefan

Matt Vince
05-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Something Maine-ish. Preferably with a mere two feet between the rails.

Utterly bonkers suggestion: The Railway across the Mont Cenis Pass between France and Italy, utilising the system of Mr Fell. 1-in-12 gradients, horseshoe curves to make the Pennsy look tangent, with 1860s technology.

NS185
05-25-2006, 06:59 PM
How about CSX's parking lot Richmond VA to Rockymount NC

DinkKaDink
05-25-2006, 07:28 PM
BNSF Seattle Sub - Vancouver-Seattle
BNSF Stampede Sub - Auburn-Ellensburg
MILW Coast Division - Seattle/Tacoma-Othello

Plus many others, but those are some of the top ones.

CPTrainman59R
05-25-2006, 07:29 PM
After useing the L&PS, I would like to see what this young fellow could do with the NS&T Electric Line in the Niagara Peninsula. Both City and intererban lines serving Port Colbourne, Welland, Thorold, Niagara Falls, Port Weller, Port Dalhousy and St. Catherines ON. I think he would be able to recreate it, although a lot of it is gone.

CPTrainman59R
Rick

PS another would be the CPR from Thunder Bay to Sudbury.

Jonatan
05-25-2006, 07:38 PM
I'd like the Mt. Washington cograck railway. That'd be awesome.

/Jonatan

stephenburr
05-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Endorse the CSX Routes covering Mountain sub, Old Main, and Capitol Sub, Also CSX's "parking lot" from Richmond to Rocky Mount (just take it on down to Fayetteville or Florence SC, its all the same mess).

Routes I would like to see include:

1) NS (old Virginian) Deepwater Sub from Princeton to Montgomery/Deepwater WV (actually an extension of the East River route, which portrays the route from near Narrows, VA to Princeton WV) and all branches.
2) North Carolina RR (NS from Charlotte, NC through Greensboro and Raleigh, to Morehead City/Beaufort, NC).
3) CSX route involving CSX's Hamlet, NC "hub" with extensions to Henderson, NC (North), Wilmington, NC (east), Charlotte (or Bostic (Clinchfield jct)), NC (West), and Columbia, SC (south).
4) NS line from Salisbury, NC to Asheville, NC.
5) CSX New River and Allegheny Subdivisions from Clifton Forge, VA to Montgomery/St. Albans, WV (St. Alban's actually part of Kanawa Sub I think), w/some coal mine branches.

wiscentral
05-25-2006, 11:14 PM
The Green Bay Western Bridge Line from the Car ferries in Kewaunee, WI through Green Bay to at Least Stevens Point, WI. A great route with lots of switching interchnages with WC, CNW, BN, and Milw.
Its a all Alco fleet railroad.

Sad to say, GBW was bought out by WC in 1993 and then owned by CN. Less than 35% of its original route remains.

Deanno
"wiscentral"
CEO/Founder of Sceeter's Paint Shop

nyonwu
05-26-2006, 12:58 AM
The Northeast needs more routes, IMHO.

My wishes:

CSX Albany Division, including the River Sub (from Selkirk south), Hudson Sub (that's on the other side of the Hudson River from the River Sub, down to Poughkepsie where MNCR takes over), the old B&A from Rensselaer to Beantown, and the mainline through to Syracuse (it's my understanding that there's a route being worked on that will go west from Syracuse to Erie, including Buffalo).

BNSF Needles Sub, to plug the last gap between Needles and Barstow where 3DTS has its route to Tehachapi and West Colton (my understanding is that the Gallup and Clovis Subs are on the way, which when done will make for a run through from Needles to Trinidad and western TX, depending on when either Bob Wirth or SLI does it first).

BNSF "Peavine" to Phoenix, an extension off the Seligman Sub at (I think) Ash Fork.

NEC north of Philly, including NJT lines (coming out of both Penn Station and Hoboken) and MNCR lines into CT (this would probably be one of the trickiest routes in MSTS, since MNCR is diesel, third rail, and catenary) and perhaps even the Shore Line East to New London. For good measure throw in CSAO lines and the CSX Trenton line.

SEPTAs ex-Reading lines, which in conjunction with the CSX Trenton line would form the "other" corridor between NYC and Philly (well, not really - since this line wound up in Jersey City, across the bay from NY).

NS Southern Tier (NY) line, especially if it meets up with the D&H in Binghamton.

Something from the MEC in ME or NH, and the B&M from Mechanicville through to at least Fitchburg (including the Hoosac Tunnel).

Yes, it is a lot. One thing I can say, however, is that I have Michael Vone's book on route building.

Paul1953
05-26-2006, 01:12 AM
I'll second that choice of CPR Thunder Bay to Sudbury, Rick!

eaglefan9727
05-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Everybody has had some great route suggestions that they would like to have for MSTS. Hopefully, Someday in the future. Some of these routes will come out for MSTS.

Sometime this weekend, I will do another thread asking the route builders what routes they are working on at this time or have a idea of what route they would like to do in the near future.

I just want to keep letting people chime in on this topic for a couple more days before I post that thread asking the route builders what they are working on or thinking of working on. Some of these suggestions MIGHT make them think of creating a certain route for MSTS.

Hopefully, Some of these suggestions in this thread has made a route builder think about creating a certain route. I know there have been 2 suggestions from this thread that got me thinking about creating those routes sometime down the road, But most likely. It will never happen.

Hell, I still got to finish my RP fantasy route which is getting frustrating for just a basic route and really nothing complex, But I am pretty pleased with the route as is right now. Could be better of course.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and keep the suggestions coming.

Eaglefan

pmcn
05-26-2006, 01:33 PM
I would like to place my vote for B&O routes.

The Cumberland Westend (Cumberland to Grafton) offers lots of big steam and long steep grades (like 17 mile grade). The Eastend (Cumberland to Brunswick) offers lots of operating challenges. That sub was/is known as "the neck of the bottle" for good reasons. You could also include the branches to Hagerstown and Winchester as well as the origional route along the river and the bypass. I would suggest that the above be separate routes due to the difference in motive power and operations.

The Old Main and the Met could be combined into a third route that includes Baltimore/Washington/Brunswick as the terminus (actual division points). The Baltimore teminal area offers a lot of possiblities for urban switching with numerous yards, industries and docks (along the lines of New Jersey Rails). It would also be a nice change of pace to take a horse drawn wagon or grasshopper from Mt. Clair Station to Ellicot Mills. Heck, even sim the race between the Tom Thumb and the horse cart.

I know I am biased towards B&O since it is close to home, but also Baltimore to Cumberland to Grafton was the first line from the Atlantic to the Ohio river. The historical significance alone should give it merit.

Finally I would like to thank all of those who put so much time and effort into this sim. Regaurdless of what routes come out next, I know that each will offer more enjoyment for me and others in the community. It is great to see so many people brushing off the dust of the last couple of days and getting on with making a fun hobby even better.

Have a great weekend
Paul

Ty_train11
05-26-2006, 03:23 PM
An accurate conrail-indy type route, with completed branches and the DOW secondary marion, with Goodman Yard included. It's alot to ask for, but hey, you can dream ;). If the editors are good I would make it myself.

StillGrande42
05-26-2006, 05:55 PM
SP line from El Paso to Houston.
Kansas Sub for BNSF into Kansas City.
KCS through Dallas. Maybe even into Mexico on the NAFTA. There is nothing for this Class 1 at all (FBL as KCS does not count!!)
How about UP's triple track main in Nebraska.

We have plenty of mountains and tunnels routes already.

cody45
05-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Philadelphia to Pittsburgh, PA. PRR 50's and 60's.

chench1536
06-03-2006, 09:26 PM
I'd like to see:

-CSX Boston Line (South Station-Syracuse)
-B&M Boston-Portland Line
-Boston-NYC Line
-MBTA Subway Routes

fchrist16
06-04-2006, 12:32 AM
my only wish for christmas....ok i'll shut up there.

agreed with the SP Coast Line up to San Francisco, but also across the bay with Oakland and the OIG. Maybe even Caltrain?

Oh, and an extension to the NWP Route south to Sausilito where it used to terminate, including the line out to San Ger Valley... I live in Marin so it's nice and close to home! I could almost pass my house, most def. my high school and my old middle school.

Those are my two picks!

- Frank

Brad 110
06-04-2006, 02:27 AM
I'd like to see the Puget Sound area from, say, Fort Lewis (south of Tacoma) to Delta Jct north of Everett, ca. 1965 or so. There would be trackage from several R&Rs, GN, NP, SP&S, Milw, UP (or whatever predicessor had the route from the south, maybe SP or even Frisco) and some smaller terminal roads. Inaddition there would be CB&Q and likely C&NW equipment running as well. Lot of trackage though. Fun to do freight ops on.

dvandorn
06-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I'd really like to see the Chicago area South Shore and North Shore lines, plus the CA&E (which someone was working on, like three years ago, but which has disappeared into the mists of MSTS wannabe route developers' history).

Also, some extensions to the CER route -- for example, extending the Red Line up to Howard St., adding an Evanston Express activity, and perhaps adding the Skokie Swift line into it.

As with everyone, I think, I want to see the lines I've ridden, and then I want to see the lines I would have liked to have ridden or seen but that disappeared long ago...

-Doug

philmoberg
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I'd vote for the South Shore, in the 1920s-30s. This is short enough to complete very involved activities in a reasonable time, plus it's an excellent stage for a broad range of interesting steam and electric railroading on this connecting and competing carriers.

Thanks for asking. -Phil

USRailFan
06-05-2006, 04:01 AM
New York - Buffalo (either CSX or Conrail).

Gixxer86g
06-05-2006, 06:02 AM
The NYSW Southern Division from Secaucus,NJ to at least Warwick,NY.Make the time period late 80's- early 90's.

BN_9402
06-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Conrail from Buffalo to Selkirk.

Austin

huddy
06-05-2006, 12:15 PM
>Santa Fe Texas Routes - Any of 'em.

Herb, you're in luck here. I'm doing the Cresson Sub from Cleburne - Cresson (connection with the Dublin Sub) as a warmup. Not much to it. It should provide help with the route that is in the on deck circle, the BNSF Ft. Worth Sub Purcell - Temple. Just wondering, would you have any type of info or pics from the Cleburne shops? I would like to go ahead and learn gMax and that is one major complex that can't really be left out of either route.

SP_Frank
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
>WOW Herb, You got alot of routes you would like out for MSTS.
>
>
>As me being a native Southern Californian (Arcadia/Pasadena
>area), I wouldnt mind seeing some of those routes you
>suggested, but how about the SP route that goes from West
>Colton to Burbank via City Of Industry, El Monte, Alhambra,
>and Taylor Yard?
>
>
>Eaglefan

I'd love to see the SP Coast Line including Tunnel 26 in Chatsworth and the Burbank branch line through the San Fernando valley.

lotharheike
06-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I hope for routes who fill up the gaps for the Empire Builder and the Super Chief in order to do complete rides.

Prole
06-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Hello-
I would love to see a route based on south King Co., in Washington State set in the mid 1930's (Steam!!!). The route could start in the railroad town of Auburn with its massive yards and shops. Heading east would be a line that would head out over Henry Switch towards the Cascades and eastern Washington. Heading north out of Auburn, it would go through the produce farming town of Kent in the fertile Kent Valley (all they grow there now is warehouses and an ever widening freeway). Continuing on north to the factory town of Renton and Pacific Car and Foundry where they made boxcars, coal cars and logging disconnects (Question- Did PacCar build motive power too, in the '30's?). There was also a brick factory in there, too. I believe there was an Interurban line seperate from the main lines. Now, from Renton would be lines heading north towards Seattle and NE towards the coal towns of Newcastle and Bellevue. Headind SE out of Renton a line would run through the resort town of Lake Wilderness and the log mills of Maple Valley. Pass Henry Switch (I believe there was a small transfer yard there with the main line between Auburn and eastern Washington) and on to the coal towns of Black Diamond, Ravensdale, and Franklin. There was even a clay mine in there too.

With all that industry, farming, logging and mining, plus passenger service, I don't think you would be hurting for ideas for activities.

This was Great Northern, Northern Pacific ( and their lovechild, the SP&S) and the Burlington Line territory. I think the railroad in the Black Diamond area was Pacific Coast Coal (??)

Anyway, just a thought-
Prole

SD50
06-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Horseshoe Curve (prefer Conrail era)
UP Sherman Hill
Conrail Boston Line (Selkirk, NY to Boston)
Conrail or NY Central Selkirk to Buffalo

GeoffreyHansen
06-27-2006, 02:24 AM
A few Australian routes:

Some line in the Brisbane suburban area, A former Brisbane tramline, A Melbourne tram line, A commonwealth railways line perhaps part of the Trans Australia Railway, A Perth Suburban line, the Silverton line from Broken Hill, perhaps the Kuranda Scenic Railway, a Tasmanian line, an extension of the Bombaderry to Bombo line Northwards, the Sydney to Canberra line, perhaps a few of Ron Christies proposed lines and the addition of a branch of the La Parouse line to Central station. In the rollingstock area it would be great to see some of the W class, Citidas, Combino as well as Bendigo and Ballarat trams, Siemens and Xtrapolis EMUs, some QR SMUs, ICEs and Tilt Trains, Sprinters and Velocities.

In New Zealand a line from either Beach Road or Britomart stations and a line from Wellington station. It would also be great to see some ADK cas used in Auckland and formerly in Perth.

In the states I would love to see lines serving Pennsylvania and Grand Central stations in New York, the Cleveland Metro and Light Rail services, the CSS interurban Service and the Trolley, Cable Car and Caltrain lines in San Francisco.

It would also be great to see a Shinkansen route.

Thanks
Geoffrey

pstraten
06-27-2006, 12:26 PM
My,my, Geoffrey,

You certainly do have wide-ranging tastes!

As an ex-Clevelander, I would hardly have expected someone in Sydney to express an interest in the old "Rapid Transit" of an Ohio city. It was surely a delight for me to ride it from end-to-end as a teenager, just for the sheer joy of riding it.

As a matter of fact, you can run electrics along some of the original trackage used by the "Rapid" by downloading the yet-unfinished but extremely well-done so far CUT (Cleveland Union Terminal) route from the file library here.

G'day mate!

:-)

PaulS

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/Attachments/up1/67488.gif

EMD_GE
06-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I would love to see a Detroit to Toledo route :)Early Conrail era,along with the CN and CP rails heading into Windsor Canada(via tunnel)under Detroit river.If i had the time and the patience,and more memorey for my computer,i'd attempt it myself,but...No!
Don Shriner http://www.eslw.net/

cnwfan
06-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Like to see the BNSF mainline in Iowa.
Todd
Perry Sub
Trackwork-91%
Scenery- 1%

NewEnglandRailFan
06-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Conrail something. Boston line, River line, somthing around Selkirk. The Selkirk branch would probally be fairly easy to do.

NH Maybrook line, back when it was actually a buisy route, and when Seven Railroads met in Maybrook

Powder River Coal route

Horseshoe Curve, CR era

EDIT: ooh! and the D&H to Montreal

TAMR159
06-28-2006, 03:02 AM
>Conrail from Buffalo to Selkirk.
>
>Austin

That and the Southern Tier Line from Buffalo to Corning.

- - Nick Wilson

http://www.eslw.net/graphics/conrail_sig.jpg

sstyrnol
06-28-2006, 03:36 AM
SP Coast Line
SF LAUPT to San Berdoo
SP Soledad Canyon
SF Surfline (1970s)
DRGW Soldier Summit
UP Sherman Hill
CSS&SB Chicago to Gary
UP/BNSF Chicago Racetrack
SP CAL-P Route

gerr
06-28-2006, 05:31 AM
I would like to see,

1. NEC from NYC to Trenton, including all the NJT parts

2. Any of the Septa Lines

3. LV line from Easton PA, to Allentown PA

railbus63
06-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I agree with the consensus that we need more Eastern routes (hello, MLT, Streamlines, etc. - are you listening?). Nothing against Western mountain railroads, but I need more places to run my Conrail TV trains on a busy mainline (although the fine Conrail Indy route has greatly helped to scratch that itch for now).

That said, a Horseshoe Curve route would be awesome too. I believe we'd already have one if Microsoft hadn't made a big deal out of announcing this route as part of the aborted MSTS 2 and probably discouraging others from developing a competing version.

Jim

jbtower
06-29-2006, 11:23 PM
BNSF Racetrack from CUS all the way thru Iowa and the UP from Ogilvie Center all the way to Iowa.

Both routes have many subs and crosovers to share. had eb=nough of forests and tumble weed. While those desert routes are unique they tend to be boring.

smp11512
06-30-2006, 01:26 AM
Well , I have Cajon wich goes by my house (Palmdale). I have Tehachapi wich goes by my railfanning spots. The only two other routes I need to complete my railfanning stomping grounds are the ( has been requested 3... maybe 4 times already in this thread ? ) The SP/UP/Metrolink's Soledad Canyon Route from Palmdale/Lancaster to LAUPT. And the connection line between Barstow and Needles :)

Even with these two routes complete we already have all the necesary engines/rolling stock to make the activities, just need the routes now !

Shane
http://shanestrains.socalrails.com

Henry_S
06-30-2006, 06:42 AM
I would LOVE to see the ATSF Emporia subdivision! High speed running, switching, awesome views, too many S curves to count, and, last but not least, The Santa Fe at its best :-P

jbuck36
07-02-2006, 01:12 PM
To add my two cents, and considering I'm an ol' SP fan, I'd like to see the SP Coast Line from Los Angeles, past Glendale, up the valley through Santa Susanna Pass, and along the coast to Santa Barbara. Maybe even up to San Louis Obisbo and the horseshoe curve/Questa grade.

Granted it would be a long route and a helluva project, but the distances could be shortened between points. This would be a great route to run GS-4s, Cab Forwards, Black Widow F-7s and Alco PAs. It was the home route of the Daylights, Lark, Overnight Hot-Shot LA to SF freight, numerous oil, beet and fruit blocks and lots of fast mail trains.

The designer of the ill-fated Surfliner route had earlier touted that his route would be extended north from Los Angeles possibly to Santa Barbara in the future, but we all know what happened to that dream! x(

For a Southern Pacific fanatic, it would be sheer heaven!
Anyway, that's what I really, really would like to see!! :P

SP_Frank
07-02-2006, 01:18 PM
> To add my two cents, and considering I'm an ol' SP fan, I'd
>like to see the SP Coast Line from Los Angeles, past Glendale,
>up the valley through Santa Susanna Pass, and along the coast
>to Santa Barbara. Maybe even up to San Louis Obisbo and the
>horseshoe curve/Questa grade.
>

Through Tunnel 26 in Chatsworth and by the Rincon beach north of Ventura . . . you've got my vote.

kinnamon
07-02-2006, 10:12 PM
CSXT Atlanta Division--Manchester and Fitzgerald Subs.

TrainFanAmtrak
09-08-2006, 07:34 PM
>SP Sunset Route, Beaumont to Yuma - Yuma to Tucson

3DTS I heard is working on Beaumont. Also sgtmay is working on a route from Yuma to Tucson.

ragtimer
09-09-2006, 02:34 PM
It would be nice to have a poll and see the most popular US routes.You never know,something may be forthcoming.If anyone would like to do a UK route,how about the North and West London lines including the West London extension so we can have Clapham and Acton or Kew to Barking via both Dalston and South Tottenham set in both steam and modern era.Believe me lots of different traffic,fairly low speed but very interesting.Try the simsig simulation to see how complex it can get.

Major Ursa
09-09-2006, 08:45 PM
These are the routes I would like to see:

Norfolk Southern Routes:

Washington D.C. to Danville, VA
Norfolk to Roanoke (either N&W, Virginian, or both)

CSX:
Newport News to Clifton Forge (Including Richmond, Charolletville, and Stauton)

Extention of the RF&P line to Richmond (with Broad Street and Main Street Stations)

TrainFanAmtrak
09-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Hope to see these routes :
SP Yuma - Tucson
ATSF Grand Canyon
SP Coast and Beaumont Hill lines
ATSF San Bernardino Sub

TrainFanAmtrak
09-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Forgot to say rest of the San Diego and Arizona. The Mexican Portion and San Diego, CA.

Major Ursa
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
I would also like to see a CSX/B&O route that runs from Washington DC to the west including Brunswick, MD, Frederick, MD, and anywhere in West Virginia.

jtallen_0883
04-20-2007, 02:24 AM
> Hope to see these routes :
> SP Yuma - Tucson
> ATSF Grand Canyon
> SP Coast and Beaumont Hill lines
> ATSF San Bernardino Sub

The ATSF San Bernardino Sub is included with Howard Wise’s freeware Cajon Route

Metra322
04-20-2007, 09:41 AM
>I'd really like to see the Chicago area South Shore and North
>Shore lines, plus the CA&E (which someone was working on, like
>three years ago, but which has disappeared into the mists of
>MSTS wannabe route developers' history).
>
>Also, some extensions to the CER route -- for example,
>extending the Red Line up to Howard St., adding an Evanston
>Express activity, and perhaps adding the Skokie Swift line
>into it.
>
>As with everyone, I think, I want to see the lines I've
>ridden, and then I want to see the lines I would have liked to
>have ridden or seen but that disappeared long ago...
>
>-Doug

I am currently working on the UP kenosha sub (UP North line)

Hoghead27
04-20-2007, 11:32 AM
For you Switchers out there, I vote for the Cascade & Northwestern at www.vcnwrr.com. Beautiful scenery and lots of switching. Some long hauls, too. Donations accepted.
Earl

AZ Rail Rat
05-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Just took a drive from Phoenix to Yuma and followed the UP (old Southern Pacific originally built in 1880). I know Bob Wirth is an ATSF guy, but would like to see the route all the way across southern Arizona.

Have not checked the library, so not sure if it's in there or not. It's only double tracked about 50%. Saw lots of trains waiting. Would be an interesting run.

Komachi
05-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Shinkansen routes, the FULL NEC, and the western US route the California Zephyr runs on (and sometimes the American Orient Express) from Denver to Cali(with an extention to Yellowstone), running through magnificent Glenn Canyon, Gore Canyon, etc. And on a side note, I'd like to see the American Orient Express in MSTS.

rdamurphy
05-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey, eaglefan, I think you might get your wish on one of those routes...

Robert

plainsman
05-12-2007, 12:02 AM
1) Bucharest-Brasov-Sibiu CFR main. Note side attraction http://www.enzia.com/Pages/Railpg6.html

2) An Argentine route. http://www.porlosrielesdelsud.com.ar/index1.html
Plaza Constitución - Daireaux
Bob

BanjoMan
05-12-2007, 02:20 AM
I would like to see a steam era version of Southern Pacific's Shasta Division, the McCloud River Railroad (with logging spurs), or the Yreka Western Railroad with the extension built into Scott Valley which was surveyed twice. The first time the route was going to be built, but the day of the 1906 earthquake in San Fransisco was also the same the rails and materials for the extenion arrived at the warf, so the materials had to be used in Frisco instead so the project was cancelled. The second time was in the 1930's and the was deemed to economically viable.

Tim

SPS 700
05-12-2007, 09:55 AM
D&RGW Tennessee Pass full route. I hear it is something like 400 miles long with all the subdivisions.

New DRGW Moffat Route and Rollins Pass

WP Feather River Route

UP Sherman Hill

UP Blue Mountains

Roger55
07-04-2008, 12:25 PM
The Chicago South Shore and South Bend with the old Orange and Maroon cars hauling passangers and the big orange "Little Joes" hauling freight. From the Randolf street stop in Chicago, through Hammond, Gary, Treemont, Michigan City, where the yards were, into South Bend. Fancy sort of Station at Michigan City (HQ). Corn Country and Lake shore scenery with runs down suburban streets and old down towns.

Used to be able to pick up the SP from where I am marooned now, ride to Chicago, end up at the Randolf Street Station. Cross some streets and get on the CSS&SB and ride to a stop (orange shed) across the alley from HOME. Can't do that now, no the Interstates fixed that.:(

qballbandit
07-04-2008, 01:00 PM
All Chicago main & sub lines with proper yard depiction. (there's a huge project for ya)
Anything Minnesota, MIN/St.Paul area.

Neil :)

stephenburr
07-04-2008, 10:49 PM
These are the routes I would like to see:

Norfolk Southern Routes:

Washington D.C. to Danville, VA
Norfolk to Roanoke (either N&W, Virginian, or both)

CSX:
Newport News to Clifton Forge (Including Richmond, Charolletville, and Stauton)

Extention of the RF&P line to Richmond (with Broad Street and Main Street Stations)

Add the C&O/CSX Allegheny Sub from Clifton Forge, VA to Hinton, WVA, the New River Sub from Hinton to Montgomery, WV, and the Kanawa Sub, from Montgomery to Huntington, WV.

stephenburr
07-04-2008, 10:53 PM
One more, add the rest of the old Virginian Princeton-Deepwater District from Princeton, WV to near Montgomery, WV to the NS East River Sub. That line now ends in Princeton, WV on the current edition of the East RiverSub Route for MSTS.

CSS_SB702
07-05-2008, 07:28 AM
The Chicago South Shore and South Bend with the old Orange and Maroon cars hauling passangers and the big orange "Little Joes" hauling freight. From the Randolf street stop in Chicago, through Hammond, Gary, Treemont, Michigan City, where the yards were, into South Bend. Fancy sort of Station at Michigan City (HQ). Corn Country and Lake shore scenery with runs down suburban streets and old down towns.

:(

This route would be so cool. I was born and raised in SB, and have thousands of photos of the South Shore. If I had the computer knowledge or the time, I'd try it myself.

USRailFan
07-05-2008, 08:12 AM
1. New York, Susquehanna & Western's Southern Division (ie the original NYSW line).
2. The Iron Ore line from Lule (Sweden) to Narvik (Norway)
3. The High-speed line from Hannover to Wrzburg (Germany).
4. The Northeast Corridor extended to New York, NY in a modern-day setting
5. The Marias Pass route extended to Havre, MT in a modern-day setting
6. A Kansas City Soutern route
7. A Montana Rail Link route
8. A Florida East Coast route
9. British Columbia Railway's Tumbler Ridge route (the electrified line where the huge EMD(!) GF6C electrics were used)
10. A modern-day version of German Railroads' Rollbahn route (GR2).

gpman
07-05-2008, 10:46 AM
the SP route(UP) through the northern sacramento valley i.e red bluff chico redding etc.

SurvivorSean
07-05-2008, 02:37 PM
In reply to the person looking for Pheonix Sub - it's in the file library now and it's alot of fun.

Thanks

Sean

agentatascadero
07-05-2008, 03:21 PM
This SP brat wants the Cal-P line from Oakland Pier to Sacramento, but would really like a "Bay Area" combination of routes, Altamont Pass, Mococo Line to Tracy, East Bay lines, and don't forget the peninsula. Then, let's have Donner Pass from Sacramento to Sparks. And, if you please, make it a "vintage"...say 1950 or so. Perhaps we should include the Santa Fe and WP contributions as well. Simply for the sake of documentation, I hope someone attempts the St Louis Union Station complex, what a masterful layout THAT was. AA

captain82
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I'd like to see some moden day east coast Amtrak/CSX routes.

muskokaandtahoe
07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
> This SP brat wants the Cal-P line from Oakland Pier to Sacramento....

That would be the Cal-P and yes, it is under construction as a payware route. Vintage 1950 in fact. The Scale Rail track is down, the buildings are going in. There still might be some screenshots online here at T-S.com... search for Cal-P. More over at Elvastower.com but you need to register to see images (text alone is visible to guests).

> ... but would really like a "Bay Area" combination of routes, Altamont Pass, Mococo Line to Tracy....

Those were all planned, and in the case of the Altamont lines, track laid, but the fact of the matter is route building is hard work that takes a lot of time and effort and so while all of those routes were wanted you have to focus on something less to get anything done.

GCRailways
07-07-2008, 01:07 AM
The Austin Western, in central Texas. A short line with a unique blend of (future) operations: local freight (Austin Western), DMU commuter (Capital Metro), and tourist steam (Austin & Texas Central), all sharing one line! It's something I'd model, except I don't have paint shop pro or any modeling programs... yet... for the CapMetro DMUs or the Ex-SP Mk-5 Mikado. Let's see if Austin Western doesn't change their name again before it's complete... I'm only 20, and I've seen at least three different roadnames on their engines! (Longhorn Railroad, Austin & Northwestern, now Austin Western.)

A Dallas Area Rapid Transit line would be another thought. Maybe somewhere where it meets up with Trinity Railway Express...

RRfan1
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
we really need a route in eastern pennsylvania so i am going to suggest the canadian pacific's sunbury sub EX-D&H and LV and Erie mainline;)

that would be great:D

captain82
07-08-2008, 12:59 PM
We could also use some New York Central and New Haven Routes from the city to upstate and as far up as to Boston. :D

Cory

rd4man
07-08-2008, 02:18 PM
This topic comes up every so often. Many great suggestions, some of which have come to be.

Way back in June of '06, jbtower suggested:

"BNSF Racetrack from CUS all the way thru Iowa....."

I couldn't agree more. This route has something for everyone, passenger and freight. Taking it as far as Aurora would be good enough if some of the surrounding area was included.

And, in July of this year, gballbandit suggested:

"All Chicago main & sub lines with proper yard depiction."

Another great project. The great ChiLand route has depicted some of this to a degree and could be expanded upon with endless possibilities. Having covered many of those lines for real, I can only say it'd keep you busy!

OK.....route developers; you've got your requests. Have at it.

hiball 3985
07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
A new Pacific Surfliner, with a different name of course

captain82
07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
What about a complete LIRR route from Penn station on out. New York Is our largest major city and i'm supprised that its never been modeled in MSTS. :eek:

Cory

duiker
07-09-2008, 03:23 AM
we really need a route in eastern pennsylvania so i am going to suggest the canadian pacific's sunbury sub EX-D&H and LV and Erie mainline;)

that would be great:D

Already thought about the Lehigh Valley route version 2 in the File Library here?! The Lehigh Valley RR line and the CNJ line from Bethlehem to Mauch Chunk are modelled in this route, and the Lehigh & New England route from Semmel to Allentown/Bethlehem is included. All together with lines from Reading RR (in and around the area of Allentown), Northampton & Bath, Ironton (Egypt yard to Catasauqua) and some more shortlines. It is an nice route, but not completed yet. I estimate that all the scenery is done on all lines for more than 75%. The already modelled parts are great.

Vincent

OTTODAD
07-09-2008, 07:17 AM
What about a complete LIRR route from Penn station on out. New York is our largest major city and I'm surprised that it has never been modeled in MSTS. :eek:

It has been created, the PRR-Eastern Region and will be officially released in the near future:

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=269817

Scalerail at N.Y. Penn station has been replaced with Xtracks.

There are two options, overhead wires or none.

O t t o

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4825&stc=1&d=1215601792

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4828&stc=1&d=1215601792

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4827&stc=1&d=1215601792

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4829&stc=1&d=1215601792

pmcn
07-09-2008, 07:23 AM
HOLY COW!!!!!! Very nice. Thanks for the screen shots.

Paul

Gixxer86g
07-09-2008, 08:07 AM
>1. New York, Susquehanna & Western's Southern Division (ie the original NYSW line).

I would love to see that modelled from the late 80's to early 90's.

captain82
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
It has been created, the PRR-Eastern Region and will be officially released in the near future:

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=269817

Scalerail at N.Y. Penn station has been replaced with Xtracks.

There are two options, overhead wires or none.

O t t o

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4825&stc=1&d=1215601792

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4828&stc=1&d=1215601792

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4827&stc=1&d=1215601792

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/attachment.php?attachmentid=4829&stc=1&d=1215601792

I know all about that, I have a beta copy too but what I'm talking about is from NYP to say Montauk, NYP to upstate via empire tunnel thru the westside line, or even GCT. don't get me wrong the route is absolutly incredable but before, New York City has never been in any route except for a few inaccurate subway routes and even with that you're underground.