PDA

View Full Version : In game sounds

wolfpackleader
11-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Happy Holidays.
I am trying to find out why during game play I have all of my inside engine sounds however when I go outside my train there are no sounds such as horn, bell and sand. I am sure there is a way to correct it that I haven't found yet. All help on this would be great.

Thanks so much
Rob

DCRR1
11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Use ConBuilder pro to check your sound files or do it the old fashioned way, by following the Path.

Open your .eng file, at the end of the lights section you will find the xxxeng.sms file ref. If it looks like this:

Sound ( "xxxeng.sms" )

Then the sms file should be in the SOUND folder of the engine. Check the SOUND folder to verify that it is there. If it is there, open it up, and scroll down to the horn section. If it looks like this:

Stream (
Skip ( **** This stream allows the horn to be played at the same time **** )
Priority ( 6 )
Triggers ( 2
Discrete_Trigger ( 8 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "x_K5LA.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 9 ReleaseLoopReleaseWithJump () )
)
)

Then the file should be in the same folder as the eng.sms file.

If it looks like this:

Stream (
Skip ( **** This stream allows the horn to be played at the same time **** )
Priority ( 6 )
Triggers ( 2
Discrete_Trigger ( 8 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "..\\..\\Common.Snd\\645\\x_K5LA.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
Discrete_Trigger ( 9 ReleaseLoopReleaseWithJump () )
)
)

Then the horn wav is aliased and can be found in by going to the Common.Snd folder & opening the 645 folder.

In the xxx.eng file if the sound line looks like this:

Sound ( "..\\..\\Common.snd\\645\\xxxeng.sms" )

Then follow the alias above.

The above are averages. They could be aliased to another engine but just follow the path. Sometimes I have found that the SOUND folder will contain all the .wav files & .sms files, but the .sms file will draw wav files from another folder. That folder may or may not exist or have the proper wav files.

John