Train-Sim vs Model Railroading
By Robert Murphy
10. When the train derails, you can reset Train-Sim without the sickening thud of a $700 dollar brass locomotive hitting the concrete floor.
9. Marias Pass will fit in your computer, it definitely won't fit in your basement.
8. If your run is 34 miles, it takes an hour in a straight line, not 68 laps around the layout.
7. Train-simmers give away their cars and locomotives for free - and keep them for themselves. Thanks guys!!!
6. Your computer can be used for a hundred other things when you're not running trains. And it collects dust just as well as a model railroad.
5. An install of Train-Sim takes 5 minutes, an install of a model railroad takes 5 years.
4. You can shop for new cars and locos without leaving your computer, and if you don't like what you get, it was free to begin with.
3. You can move Train-Sim to the new house in one easy trip.
2. The track is always clean enough to run trains.
And the number one reason Train-Sim is better than a model railroad: It costs $50, about $9950 less than a model railroad.
An ex-Model Railroader.
Discuss this in our message forums.