Introduced in 2004 and capable of 125 mph, the distinctive shape, effortless performance and striking liveries of the British Rail Class 222 passenger trains can be seen running up and down the Midland region of England.
This well established and reliable DEMU (Diesel-Electric Multiple Unit) now comes to Train Simulator with Just Trains' authentic and exciting 'Advanced' specifications, made possible by the unique Just Trains ActivScript coding.
ActivScript functionality brings a wealth of complex systems and highly realistic features to this Class 222 Advanced simulation to provide an outstanding driving experience. These features include a partially simulated TMS (Train Management System), pre-defined slow speed running for use in train washes, driver alertness check by sounding the DSD (Driver's Safety Device) vigilance alarm and even variable density of exhaust 'smoke' when the train is under load.
Also included are ten challenging scenarios which employ our exclusive ActivWorld scenario codingthe scenario and your train interact with each other to make your driving more interesting and realistic. Be prepared for the unexpected!
The Class 222 is part of our Advanced range, in which ActivScript technology provides numerous realistic and immersive operations, many of which can be found only in Just Trains add-ons; these include advanced operating controls, realistic systems and authentic sounds. These high-quality Advanced models of the Class 222 are the ones to drive!
- Bump mapping gives greater and more realistic detail on the models
- Cab sway movement as you start, stop, corner, accelerate and decelerate
- Windscreen wipers clear rain from the driver's front windows
- ActivClag dynamic exhaust outputsee the diesel smoke density vary under load, and light grey oil smoke is emitted from the exhaust on engine start
- Animated passenger doors complete with external door interlock light and opening/closing sounds with warning beeper.
- Passenger windows rain effectsee rain on the windows in passenger view
- Authentic and detailed passenger cabin viewthree different liveries and two view positions available
- Acceleration and braking physics based on real timings
- Working external and internal door interlock lights
- Working digital destination displaysin driver's windscreen and on the side of the passenger carriages. You can change the destination selection.
- Realistic LED marker lights
- Authentic headlight control including flashing 'hazard' setting
- Cab lighting effects
- Independently controlled main cab lighting and gauge illumination. There is even a separate controlled light to illuminate the driver's clipboard!
- Working headlights illuminate the track ahead
- Remote tail lightsthe driver can enable/disable the tail lights on the non-driving end of the consist. The status of the remote lights can be seen on the indicator panel in the driver's cab.