Info for user of Routeoptimizer V2.0
To the users of Routeoptimizer v2.0
Some users told me about problems with Routeoptimizer. I worked with the program without any problems (in Windows 2000) and I use compressed and uncompressed routes. So I would like to get a little feed back from users of my program and I want to give a little help for those, who have problems with it.
Please tell me here in this thread, which Windows-System you use, how many routes you have implemented in my program (whether compressed or uncompressed) and whether you had problems with the program (if possible, which route caused the problem)
Until now I know 2 problems with the new version.
1. If the Windows-Explorer is open, set the focus outside from the folders "Aktroute" and "Outroute". Otherwise my program can get problems with the rigths from files or folders, to move or delete them.
2. XBASIC has problems with special letters. In Germany for example we have the letter "Ö" and if a file or folder uses this letter the implementing of a new route failes because the filecopy is not executed right. This problem I know with the german route Neu-Murg. So don't try to implement this route into the Routeoptimizer. (Another problem is a filename that starts with a blank (I didn't knew until this time, that such things exist)).
Now to those, who had errors:
First, don't use the program if you get an error without repairing the situation manually, otherwise you will run from one error to the other.
Here is the description, how to repair an erroneous situation:
1. Take a look in the folder "Outroute". If there is a file lwname, open it and look to which route it belongs, then move it to "Outroute\<name_of_the_route>". If there is no file lwname in "Outroute", don't care go to point 2.
2. Take a look in the folder "Aktroute". If it is empty, delete it. If there are the four folders "Shapes","Textures", "TerrTex" and "Sound" move these to one of the routes in "Outroute", then delete "Aktroute".
3. Now take a look into the folder "Outroute". One of the routes must have the four folders I mentioned above. Move this route to the folder "Routes" of MSTS and rename it to "Aktroute".
4. Look into "Aktroute". Does the file lwname exist? If yes, open it and look if it is the right name (the name of the routefolder of this route in "Outroute"). If not correct it to the right name.
If the file doesn't exist, copy it from one of the other routes in "Outroute" and correct it to the right name (with a normal texteditor)
5. Look into "Aktroute". Does the file lwproto exist? If not, look where it is and move it to "Aktroute". In lwproto you can see your activities.
6. Look into "Routes". The new route, you tried to implement and which is now in "Aktroute" or "Outroute" may not be with its normal name in "Routes". It should be in the folder "Loeschen". If it is not, move it manually from "Routes" to "Loeschen". Otherwise you would see the route twice if you start the MSTS.
Now start the MSTS and try, whether the route is working. If not, then it is the route which had a problem in the implementing-routine. Then move the four folders ("Shapes".....) from Aktroute to an old route in "Outroute" which was working.
Copy the file lwproto from "Aktroute" to the route in "Outroute".
Delete "Aktroute", move the route from "Outroute" to "Routes" and rename it to "Aktroute".
Now everything should work like before, don't try to implement the erroneous route again.
This is a way, you always can repair an error-situation,I hope I could make myself understandable.
Here again the points a route must have:
1. The normal files of the route (always in Outroute if not in Aktroute)
2. The folders "Shapes", "TerrTex", "Textures" and "Sound", always in one of the "Outroutes" or in "Aktroute"
3. The file lwname (One for each route)
4. The file lwproto (exist once, has to be in "Aktroute")
I hope this helps a little bit.