Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Acela Cab Problem

Default The New Acela Cab Problem

Hi, before I heard of the NALW cab which is popular to people who use the Acela, there is another file in the library that puts the realism and sophistication further; cabview.zip.

When I follow the instructions of (of course, backing up the Acela folder) putting the new ENG and cabview folder in (this includes removing the original cabview folder), I run the train in MSTS, and the cabview is the default cabview but the needles all messed around and in the wrong areas.

After this I've been using the NALW Jet Train cab, anyone get the more-realistic Acela cab to work? Does this require any other files or working in the ENG file? (I'd prefer if it didn't need the new ENG file as I use the more realistic Acela model)

I had to pick between e-mailing the creator or asking here, and when I e-mail I usually never get a response, and I've gotten a bunch of help on the forums here in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainChomp2 View Post
    Hi, before I heard of the NALW cab which is popular to people who use the Acela, there is another file in the library that puts the realism and sophistication further; cabview.zip.

When I follow the instructions of (of course, backing up the Acela folder) putting the new ENG and cabview folder in (this includes removing the original cabview folder), I run the train in MSTS, and the cabview is the default cabview but the needles all messed around and in the wrong areas.

After this I've been using the NALW Jet Train cab, anyone get the more-realistic Acela cab to work? Does this require any other files or working in the ENG file? (I'd prefer if it didn't need the new ENG file as I use the more realistic Acela model)

I had to pick between e-mailing the creator or asking here, and when I e-mail I usually never get a response, and I've gotten a bunch of help on the forums here in the past.

The Jet Train uses Acela Express technologies, just so you know. You say that everything is messed up. You need to, when copying things from the Jet Train cabview, need to rename the cabview file "acela.cvf." But cabview.zip can also do fine, just make sure not to add the engine file or sounds. AND, my instructions DO NOT involve altering the engine file!

I have the Jet Train cab to work, but I meant a different cab uploaded to the library .

Here's the screenshot from the file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the Cabview.zip working, very nice too. It is a keeper here. I deleted the acela cabview and installed the zip. Works fine here, and includes a new soundset to boot.

Mervyn
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Trying to get it to work again,, by renaming the old cabview file then putting in the new one. As for the new sound set, when I tried elecsnds.zip, I didn't like the fact that the sounds were based on how fast the train was traveling. Does this new sound set base the sounds on the throttle input or the speed the train goes?

And now all of a sudden when I try to Explore a route or do an activity MSTS keeps crashing <_<. When I did get it to run before that, the base of the new cabview stayed the same, but all the needles and notices were in the wrong places.
    Last edited by ChainChomp2; 11-20-2008 at 10:33 AM.

The sounds with cabview.zip are a mix of speed and throttle related. The power up and down sounds are linked to the throttle position, with things like wind linked to speed.

I made the mistake first of not deleting the original cabview folder, and got the same as you, the old cabfront with a mix of old and new needles. Then I deleted the entire cabview folder, unzipped the new one again, and this time got a runner. I am using the original eng file as well.

These crashes, are they only with the acela or do they occur with any engine?

Mervyn

I'm not the most sure, when I load any explore route or activity it simply goes to "Setting up Simulation" then it closes the game . I can't tell if the cab is working or not ! This happens regardless of anything I do.

Do you still have a backup of the original acela cab. If yes, delete the new one and put the original back in. See if you still get the closedown.

If you do, then the cause is not the acela, unless you did something else to it as well.

Mervyn

Just now managed to run something that doesn't use the Acela . From an earlier topic from about two months ago I asked about getting the rear lights to light up. Someone gave me a new .s and .sd file after I would make a copy of the Acela 2020 and use Shape File Manager to uncompress, reverse, and compress the shape file again. I renamed the ENG file back to the original name and moved the old .s files to a safe folder. Just now I put the old Jet Train cabview back in, and the old .s and .sd files back to where they were. If something did go wrong, it'd give me some error messages, right? Hopefully I can run it this time .
    Last edited by ChainChomp2; 11-21-2008 at 10:05 AM.

For the most part, it works fine. One thing caught my attention...those effort gauges to the left show the power (effort value) to each power car, are those supposed to work like they do in the Jet Train cab? Also, the right arrow key cab view shows nothing...is it supposed to be like that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChainChomp2; 11-21-2008 at 08:42 PM.