Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They call me Mr. Tibbs

Plus keep in mind, E-7s made their way south on odd occasions when the PAs were sent to Bloomington for an occasional maintenance problem that the Jackson Shops could not take care of. The PAs also made their way north at times as well. There's a photo in the St. Louis Terminal Railroad Historical & Technical Society book "Rebels at Relay Depot" of a PA and train heading southward at the B&O interlocker in Springfield, Il.

One correction from my original post here...it was the closing shot from the helicopter of Sparta. Illinois. The train is running west here out of town and will curve towards the north on it's last leg to St. Louis. I do not think the 103 was used here, as this was the regular train with PAs in the movie shot. They did not show the locos here that I remember. One thing, it was at the end of passenger service on the south end or the GM&O. There's only two coaches, and a lightweight baggage, and maybe a heavyweight baggage ahead of that.
    Last edited by GMOF3A; 02-02-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling..arg
    GM&O SIMULATIONS
    www.mstsgmo.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErK1wX9fRnk
    I hope no one minds a short clip I found at the G.M.&O Historical site?
    Sort of gives a feel on the subject. These remind me of certain locomotives I've seen posted lately
    I know its not a screen shot, so I hope no one is upset.

Dejoh...Enjoying All Train Sims

Yes, that's the Rebel Route, now torn completely out..including much of the roadbed. IC Industries scrapped it all.
    GM&O SIMULATIONS
    www.mstsgmo.com

Or rather the ICG real estate corporation.
    Seems they made a good profit from the old GM&O that way...
    On vacation from failsim land