Thread: Creating 3D models for Railworks

Default Creating 3D models for Railworks

I would like to create 3D models for Railworks. I didn't use Rail Simulator for a year and I forgot how to create 3D models for Railworks! How should I name materials in 3DS MAX 9? How should I create ACE texture files in Paint Shop Pro 9?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    I would like to create 3D models for Railworks. I didn't use Rail Simulator for a year and I forgot how to create 3D models for Railworks! How should I name materials in 3DS MAX 9? How should I create ACE texture files in Paint Shop Pro 9?
    I don't have 3DS MAX, but the prime need would be a plugin that handles IGS format exports which the Assets Editor can deal with. GMAX came with such a pluging for MSTS. PSP can create the needed artwork, but there too, you need a plugin to create the ACE file which the Assets Editor needs to work with.

I use 3D Canvas Pro v7 which does all that for you.

Regards,
    Hank

Hi,

I think for 3DS users Kuju/RSDL/RSC have provided the necessary tools. There *should* be an IGS exporter for 3DS somewhere in Railsim. If not, at least I think there is some reference on how to find one in the old RS developer docs, part 4 onwards.

To create RS-compatible ACE textures, simply create the TGA/BMP files in PSP/PSD/... and then use "ToACE.exe" (in the main RS/RW folder) to create version 2 ACEs. The conversion to the RS-formats is then done by the Asset/Blueprint Editor's export function.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Michael