Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Railworks without Steam?

Red face Railworks without Steam?

Is there any way to download and purchase and use Railworks without installing Steam, without ever going to the Steam website and while keeping Steam from unaware of my computer and email address?
    Hope so !
    Thanks.

E. Pluribus Unum Vacuus Fumo

Short answer - no.
    Alan

My railway photos are back - you can access them from my Blog http://alan-lewis-chambers.blogspot....leries_18.html.

Default (Sigh)

OK, much obliged.
    (Darn)
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowDrivr View Post
    OK, much obliged.
    (Darn)
    Out.
    Steam is not that bad, I have Steam on my machine and I rarely notice it.
    I used to be Poltergeist AKA Sean Summer.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/64295.png

After having purchased RW which now comes at a 66% discount for a limited time, Railworks can be run off-line, in my case with the Internet shut down and no other programs running in the background at the same time as RS / MSTS, or MSFS-X, etc, using a USB-2 broadband modem and not a wireless or Ethernet Hub or Router.

While being on-line to STEAM, having connected to it using it's Icon and not the RailWorks one and looking for this special offer, it downloaded this STEAM only update below behind my back without asking for permission, I have asked for in my settings !

Some web sites doing this is one of the reasons why I shut down the Internet connection unless I need it to go on-line !

O t t o

Attached Images Attached Images

I never go on Steam and stay off-line. I found Steam tracks in certain areas of my HD where they had no business. They SPY!!!!!
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    RW which now comes at a 66% discount for a limited time
    Otto is right about it being 66% off for a limited time. I got a email this morning letting me know about the sale and while it was tempting to buy it. I said "No thank you", Because of steam program. I dont want to use that program just like others and I personally believe that they could have made more sales if the program didnt require the use of steam.

Quote Originally Posted by seaboardairline View Post
    I never go on Steam and stay off-line. I found Steam tracks in certain areas of my HD where they had no business. They SPY!!!!!
    Arthur
    Black unmarked helicopters!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan9727 View Post
    Otto is right about it being 66% off for a limited time. I got a email this morning letting me know about the sale and while it was tempting to buy it. I said "No thank you", Because of steam program. I don't want to use that program just like others and I personally believe that they could have made more sales if the program didn't require the use of steam.
    O.K., so selling via a web site like EA or STEAM requires not having to pay for burning DVDs, packaging and printed manuals, etc, but still have to pay distributors a commission on sales made.

If I had been RS.com I would have set up a capable server and sold them on-line without having to pay anybody anything, the same as is being done by some train simulation 3rd-party Payware vendors.

Support would also have been better conducted on this server !

A bit of advertising here and there and existing Rail Simulator customers upgrading to RW could have spread the word, creating volume sales ?

This severe reduction in price tells me that RW sales are not as good as they should be and reminds me of the time when EA dropped the price of RS to below $ 10.

O t t o

Quote Originally Posted by plethaus View Post
    Black unmarked helicopters!!!!!
    If you read as many computing publications and periodicals like I do then you would be aware of what goes on, like this UK hacker who penetrated the US Pentagon networks.

I trust nobody on the Internet !

O t t o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_security