Thread: Online Train Simulator - RealRailway.com

Default Online Train Simulator - RealRailway.com

Has anyone tried something like this one? I was just thinking about a possible online train simulator out there. So I did a search and found this neat one.

It comes with photo-realistic scenery too. Check it out and see if you can pace yourself with the clock. I have yet to succeed without being late. The site is below. Go to the Simulator menu and select online version. I, so far, only tested the Enoshima Line.

http://www.realrailway.com/en/index.html

And then they also happen to have a downloadable version where you have it installed in your PC. The downloadable version has different lines and is longer in length to run. Plus it has higher quality picture according to the site.

I have yet to try that downloaded part though.

Let me know if anyone here manages to keep up with the time without being late.
    Edwin

Tried it. not too impressed.

It is neat how they syncronized the live video with the controls, but the 3d control stand could use alot of work

Quote Originally Posted by bs rr co View Post
    Tried it. not too impressed.

It is neat how they syncronized the live video with the controls, but the 3d control stand could use alot of work
    Never mind that. Can you make it on time though? :P
    Edwin

I made it on time on the Sotetsu Line, but I overran the station a couple times. It's innovative that they used real video and implemented it in the simulator.
    Retired train-simmer after buying a computer that can't play train sims.
    Now a writer for the Crawfish Boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBelter View Post
    I made it on time on the Sotetsu Line, but I overran the station a couple times.
    Great work on that one then.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBelter View Post
    It's innovative that they used real video and implemented it in the simulator.
    My thoughts exactly. Some people here you just can't satisfy.

The original idea on this one started with the Keio Line Simulator. That was the first one that actually showed up a few years back. That's the one I actually remembered. It's gone a long way from then and looks like they've done a great job.

Now if only they'd start making one for the Shinkansen lines (bullet train). Now those would be fun to drive.
    Edwin

I'm just downloading the Ikebukuro line, which takes about 13 minutes, however, the older versions you cannot play on Windows XP and Vista I notice. The movies were pretty good, but, didn't last long enough for me, nonetheless, I'll download the freebie routes and have a go, I hope everything is not in Japanese, otherwise, non-speakers won't be able to operate the game properly.

Thanks for putting the link up anyway.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-15-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: re-edit

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    I'm just downloading the Ikebukuro line, which takes about 13 minutes, however, the older versions you cannot play on Windows XP and Vista I notice. The movies were pretty good, but, didn't last long enough for me, nonetheless, I'll download the freebie routes and have a go, I hope everything is not in Japanese, otherwise, non-speakers won't be able to operate the game properly.

Thanks for putting the link up anyway.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    You don't need to run it on your PC. There is an online version of it where you play with it while connected to the internet. That's why I said Online Train Simulator. It's flashed based.
    Edwin