Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Locomotive Consist Question

Default Multiple Locomotive Consist Question

In a multiple locomotive consist, that is desiginated as player drivable, what would prevent you from being able to access the cabview of one of the locomotives?

The 1 or Shift 2 won't allow me to get in the cab of the front loco. The 2 key goes to the front loco outside view and the 3 key goes to the rear loco outside view.

The Cntl+ or Cntl- keys cycle to the cab view of the rear loco and the cab view of the middle loco but will not cycle to the cab view of the front loco.

Strangely, I can drive the front loco from the 2 key outside view.

Any ideas as to what I can look into to "fix" this would be appreciated.

In a Freeroam scenario first clicking on a driveable player loco and then pressing the #1 key will take you into the cab of the player loco and will do that every time you press the #1 again.

In a Standard scenario there is only one driveable player loco active at the start and pressing #1 will take you into it's cab.

After having taken control of a player loco Ctrl-= or - will take you into the cabs of all other locos in the consist from one end to the other and back.

O t t o

Thanks for the answer O T T O.

That's exactly what is not happeneing. For some reason I can't get to the drivable cab in the scenario. The 1 key doesn't work at all and the Cntrl-= only cycles thru the third and second engines. I can't figure out what is stopping me from getting to the drivable engine. RW-Tools shows it as "Driven loco index 2" and it's the last vehicle on a long consist that has 3 engines.

i think what is in order is a master list of ALL hotkey commands, The hot key list RS gives you isnt comprehensive

Quote Originally Posted by Samroz View Post
    Thanks for the answer O T T O.

That's exactly what is not happening. For some reason I can't get to the drivable cab in the scenario. The 1 key doesn't work at all and the Cntrl-= only cycles thru the third and second engines. I can't figure out what is stopping me from getting to the drivable engine. RW-Tools shows it as "Driven loco index 2" and it's the last vehicle on a long consist that has 3 engines.
    Does your CabView folder contain a [engine name] Cab Camera.bin file? If "NO" then you will need to copy the entire engine folder from a backup location. It appears RailWorks will not generate a error message if the Cab Camera.bin file is missing, but at the same time just copying in a backup Cab Camera.bin file may not solve the problem. In my case, RailWorks changed something (possibly in the engine.bin file?) which required a complete backup of the entire engine folder to get the cabview to function again? Let us know what you find?

Rich S.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Does your CabView folder contain a [engine name] Cab Camera.bin file? If "NO" then you will need to copy the entire engine folder from a backup location. It appears RailWorks will not generate a error message if the Cab Camera.bin file is missing, but at the same time just copying in a backup Cab Camera.bin file may not solve the problem. In my case, RailWorks changed something (possibly in the engine.bin file?) which required a complete backup of the entire engine folder to get the cabview to function again? Let us know what you find?
    Just tested that by deleting the 390 Cab Camera.bin of the IC Class-390 in the WCML and could not get into it's cab with #1 but could drive it from the outside.

Which loco seems to have lost it's cab view ? Perhaps one of us supplying it might be the easiest solution, the loco otherwise working alright.

O t t o

Thanks for the replies. These locos happen to be repaints of the GP9 loco and there are no CabView folders in the GP9 folder for the repaints. When I get home I'll try copying the CabView folder from the original GP9 folder into the repaint folders and let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Samroz View Post
    When I get home I'll try copying the CabView folder from the original GP9 folder into the repaint folders and let you know what happens.
    I have asked which loco you are having problems with and the name alone tells us nothing.

Is it a BRITKITS one ?

Every loco has a *.BIN file in it's Engine folder which indicates which CabView it uses and where it can be found.

O t t o

Thanks for telling me where to look for the cabview.

I have both the BritKit-01 and BritKit-01 extra GP9 locomotives but the problem is with "Canadian National EMD GP9 Set" (CA_CN_GP9_MZ) repaints from http://railworks.banal.net.

Let me check the bin files for these and see what cabview they're using.

I looked into the CN01 through CN05 Engine folders and all engines are using the default cab camera.bin file. I also checked the default folder and the camera.bin file is there. Is there anything in the scenario set up that could cause one engine in a consist to be unaccessable?