Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TrainSim.RU - great Russian MSTS site !

Default TrainSim.RU - great Russian MSTS site !

Hi,

I just wanted to advertise this great site here: TrainSim.RU

It's basically THE site for Russian and ex-USSR MSTS content. There's a load of locomotives, waggons, and whole routes to download, and most importantly: It is all free, and all high-quality !

Examples for the quality:
    - Whereas American Dash-9 repaints feature different liveries only, some Russian locomotives of the same type even feature different sounds !
    - I drove one route today (PermII) and - apart from the generally very realistic atmosphere - noticed fully animated pedestrians on the platform of a train station !

And somehow the Russians manage to do all that with acceptable framerates !

TrainSim.RU only features original content, it does not host other people's works. And all addons come with an automatic installer !

Be sure to check it out !

PS: Click on the small icon on the upper right side for the English version !
    Last edited by GoGoran; 11-23-2010 at 07:55 PM.

I am sorry, but there are some countries web sites which offer freebies I would not touch with a barge pole !

And aren't their railways using a different gauge ?

O t t o

You would be surprised if you did look at the work done outside the US ... but of course, it's your personal choice. But there is no reason to be afraid of anything.

And when I said high-quality, I meant it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoran View Post
    And when I said high-quality, I meant it.
    I can conform that! Also the other Eastern European countries have a florishing msts-scene with nice and very detailed routes and a lot of material to drive on them. And.......... almost exclusively freeware.
    Take a look: http://www.train-sim.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1927
    And where does msts-bin come from........ ;-)

http://pikku.msts.cz/obr/475001.jpg
    Last edited by HanEndt; 11-23-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Lots of heavy metal , diesel and electric. The cabs and sounds are very good too. Oh, also,very nice looking MUs and reefer sets.

I see they finally have a modern steamer, the P36 with their version of boxpok wheels.

Russian gauge-5' while standard gauge is 4'8 1/2", no problem in MSTS world.
    Last edited by bavli; 11-23-2010 at 09:07 PM.
    "Science is belief in the ignorance of experts." Richard Feynman

Otto
    I have been visiting the TrainSim.RU site for a number of years now and can only agree with the OP. The quality of work is at least to the same standard as anything recently produced in Europe or the US.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Before one becomes enthousiast and wants to try Eastern European routes and equipment, there are some issues to take into account. The eng-, wag- and trk-files have sometimes Cyrillic texts, which are not compatible with most Western computers (or those should be adjusted so). So these texts must be removed. You can find them behind 'comment' and 'description'. In the latter case the text between the quotation marks must be removed. Sometimes also in the name (especially in the trk file). So change this or MSTS will not work.
    Mainly Hungarian, Czech and Polish routes have a lot of new files for the Global folder and another Global tsection.dat also. So make a copy of your Global folder! I have a global folder for each country.
    Also often a different default wag file is used. I think because a different coupling system is sometimes used: r0 ( 80cm 150cm ). So make a copy of the 'default' folder in the trainset folder.
    Last edited by HanEndt; 11-24-2010 at 09:52 AM.

@ HanEndt: I did not experience any issues with the Rusian text in the files thus far, although it is often not displayed correctly (just weird signs instead of real Cyrillic letters). Better than to remove it is to just keep it, and update your Windows version with Cyrillic languages (insert the Windows CD/DVD and then search for language options in the system control panel).

As far as the Global folder is concerned, I would propose a more simple approach, too: Just copy the whole "Train Simulator" folder, remove all the routes except the six original ones, ditto for the rolling stock, and rename it to sth. like "MSTS Russia" - you can then create shortcuts to it on your Desktop.
    Last edited by GoGoran; 11-24-2010 at 09:59 AM.

@ GoGoran: I did experience some problems with the Russian texts so it seemed appropriate to give a warning this could happen. The solution I gave work for me but ofcourse there are different ways to cope with the issues I mentioned and you gave some good alternatives. I know quite a few msts enthousiasts do it your way.

Yeah, no offense. And thank you for the link to train-sim-RO ... I'm just downloading the site's stuff now.