Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: StreamLines releases D&RGW Green River Route

Default StreamLines releases D&RGW Green River Route

StreamLines releases D&RGW Green River Route

http://www.streamlines.ca/

=ATSFFAN=

The email just hit my inbox, ordering now!

Downloading now!
    What has happened here?

I got the download going! Can't wait to run it!
    Max Brisben
    President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works

Boy it seems stuff comes fast and furious in the MSTS world. I just got my copy of Feather River and haven't had a chance to run it complete yet, and now this one comes out . Looks like another winner.

Default Streamlines introduces new Green River Route

I just looked at an email message from Streamlines with the introduction of the Green River Route between Grand Junction, Colorado and Helper, Utah. This route will help fill in 160 miles of track not covered by Soldiers Summit and Tennessee Pass and Rollins Pass on the DRGW. The thing I noticed was the very realistic vegetation and ground textures. They have three versions of engines mostly of what is readily available here on the forum or from other payware, such as, Soldiers Summit.

I hope that payware and freeware makers will really consentrate on scenery items. I am sure that many of trainsimmers are like myself overloaded with engines and cars. It is time that we see more unique rolling stock pieces instead of the normal flats, gondolas, hoppers, boxcars, typical engines etc. I would like to see some things like wreckers and associated cars, bunkcars for train crews, and more types of loads that can be put on to flatcars to be included with payware and ending an endless stream of common cars and engines.

However, the scenery shown by Streamlines for the Green River area looks very authentic. I've made crossings on that route on two round trips out of Reno back in the 90's, and two yeas ago spent time in Price and Helper, Utah on vacation. I am sure some of the vegetation on that route will soon find its way over to some other routes I own.

Streamlines has made each terminus for the route at a location of a large yard. I hope they have added both yards at Grand Junction rather than just the first one to the west. One of the flaws I feel in many payware routes and some freeware routes is that the maker omits numerous tracks in yards that are depicted. While it is acceptable that not all need to be there, it is really a misconsception in many cases when only five or six tracks are made when the real yard might have 30 or 40 tracks, or more. Some payware routes will eliminate spur tracks and sidings which also deletes from the historicity of a particular route. Hopefully, Streamlines has provided a good historical route. Grand Junction has some industrial spurs, and there is a track that runs south of the town along the Gunnison River.

It would be nice to know just what the yards look like on this new route. With the exception of some spur tracks to coal mines, one of which is on Soldiers Summit, I can't visualize many places for switching moves since the route is set for the 1983 era. In my opinion the yards need to be big enough to provide for switching movements.

Thanks Streamlines for another route for MSTS. Are you or anyone else working on track between Grand Junction and Glennwood Springs to fill in the gap connecting TN Pass and Rollins Pass?

If you have downloaded the route, can you give us some feedback about yards, spur tracks, and types of activities that can be made?
    Bob Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by oakpalms View Post
    Thanks Streamlines for another route for MSTS. Are you or anyone else working on track between Grand Junction and Glenwood Springs to fill in the gap connecting TN Pass and Rollins Pass?

Bob Edwards
    Yes, I am, circa 1963, as a stand alone route, about 10% complete.
    Don Karch
    Rollins Pass/Moffat Tunnel Route V5 (Denver to Craig and Glenwood Springs)
    D&RGW Glenwood Spgs-Grand Jct Route and Colorado Joint Line, Denver-Pueblo
    C&S Narrow Gauge South Park Line (with D&RG NG and Colorado Midland SG)

Quote Originally Posted by oakpalms View Post
    If you have downloaded the route, can you give us some feedback about yards, spur tracks, and types of activities that can be made?
    Bob Edwards
    In Grand Junction there is, from East to West, a recieving yard, a classification yard, and the North Yard. There are also several sidings to switch in that area and in the first few miles to the west.

There are smaller yards at Thompson Springs, Green River, Mounds, Price, the coal washing facility between Mounds and Price, and of course there is a yard in Helper.

And there are passenger train platforms at Grand Junction, Green River, and Helper.

The included activities include three switching and road switching activities, three road activities, and two activities moving cuts of coal hoppers.

And apparently the route is done in Mosaic.

David Carleton

Thanks Don, that is great news. With your experience making routes, we can expect that to be out next week! Just kidding. I will look forward to the route as I am sure all those who appreciate DRGW will do as well.

Bob

I am also looking forwrad to Don's next route. I am a big fan of his work, and have Rollins Pass, Colo Joint Line, and Tennessee Pass in my folder. I have made many trips on each,and created some custom activites for each one. The activites generally are easy to create and perform smoothly. Not to mention the attention to detail and the great scenery on the routes!

John DeLamater