Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NS Saluda Route

Default NS Saluda Route

does anyone have the saluda route for MSTS that actually works? i got the route off this site but there where a bunch of files either missing or corrupted, im not a computer genius so i dont try to make the files myself or fix the corrupted ones, if anyone has the route on their computer and it works and has all the files, please contact me i would like to see if i could get someone to zip it up and email it to me to see if i can get it to work. this is pretty important to me being that i live near the actual saluda grade. so any help would be great. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tftrainman View Post
    does anyone have the saluda route for MSTS that actually works? i got the route off this site but there where a bunch of files either missing or corrupted, im not a computer genius so i dont try to make the files myself or fix the corrupted ones, if anyone has the route on their computer and it works and has all the files, please contact me i would like to see if i could get someone to zip it up and email it to me to see if i can get it to work. this is pretty important to me being that i live near the actual saluda grade. so any help would be great. thanks.
    Below is the description from the file library. Note that it requires New Roads, ScaleRail and ScaleRoads to run. It also says that it has caused crashes on Athlon CPU of less than 2 GB so it is not a route for a lightweight computer system. Does not say if it needs BIN or not but I would think it probably would require that as well.

MSTS Route--Saluda. Norfolk Southern's A&S line featuring the steepest standard gauge mainline grade in the U.S. over Saluda Mountain. The detail-heavy 75-mile route has caused crashes on Athlon CPU's less than 2 GHz. Please review the readme.txt for other performance and testing issues. Requires ScaleRail and ScaleRoads (from 3DTrains) and NewRoads. By Kent Weissinger, with thanks to John Marbury and Jason Webb.
    Later,
    Spud

Its not quite as simple as downloading and installing these various Scale_____ products. Read more from the creator of the Saluda route:

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?300293-Saluda-and-NCRR-routes&p=1671493#post1671493

-
    Last edited by geepster775; 10-26-2011 at 04:44 PM.

the problem for me is that i did install all of the nessesary file that it reccomended, however there where a bunch of file missing from the route itself and from the xtracks files even after i did a full install, im not sure what the issue is unless its because im running off a laptop and maybe running out of file space.

tftrainman,
    I'll ask just one question in response to this and your other post. After you installed the routes "EXACTLY ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS" did you to the MSTS ROUTES folder find the route you just installed, open its folder and then run the Installme.bat file?
    If not then that is the reason for all the missing files.
    You have to have ALL the default routes installed and ACTIVE before running the Installme.bat file because it has to have the default routes present to COPY THOUSANDS OF FILES FROM THEM TO YOUR NEW ROUTE or it will not work!
    Later,
    Spud

>however there where a bunch of file missing

What files? give us the names.

Cheers
    Cheers
    Derek

I downloaded and Installed the route, no problems. Also ran installme.bat to. I have newroads, scalerail, and scaleroads installed also from 3dtrains. I also checked the route on route riter. No errors found from route riter. When I went to try the Notrh and South activities. I got the following errors,Failed to open textures file, routes\saluda\textures\Sr_road_urban_2L.ace, routes\saluda\texturesSR_road_urban_curb.ace, routes\saluda\textures\SR_urban_2L_str_100ms. Do not know why i got these errors. Somehow I must be missing some textures files. But I do not know how I am missing these files. I am running windows 7 64 bit, 4GB computer. When I installed route I used Administor rights. Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks
    David

First and foremost, did you install MSTS on your WIN7 64 bit system using one of the two tutorials on now to install MSTS on WIN7? One on this site and one on Steam4me site. If not, most likely, you still are having permissions problems caused by that operating system. More involved than using Administrator Rights to install the route I'm afraid.
    Later,
    Spud

Also, running .BAT files on Windows 7 often causes problems. Or anyway, that's my experience . . .

There are also special procedures for running BAT files on Windows 7, which you may need to do a search on.

I can tell you that although you may have to do some troubleshooting now, msts is NOT perpetual trouble-shooting. You'll figure it out and it's worth it!

If you can list for us some of the missing files, it is likely to reveal exactly the source of the problem.

Yes I used the two tutorials on how to install Msts on windows 7. I don't know which files they are. But i did list the 3 errors that i am getting in the previos post #7. I don't know what else i can tell you, but those are the errors that i am getting.

David