Thread: Dm&ir yellowstone: Does anybody have it?

Post Dm&ir yellowstone: Does anybody have it?

I have been dying to see/run one in MSTS, let alone any train simulator, along with matching cars. Please post leads!
    TrainmasterSP out.

Didn't you search the file library?....No.....

Name: dmirr238.zip Size: 800,552 Date: 11-11-2002 Downloads: 3,422
    MSTS DMIRR #238. UP Big Boys and the Duluth, Missabe, and Iron Range Rail Road Yellowstone mallets have much in common, so that North American Locomotive Work's 4-8-8-4 gives a good basis for a similar DMIRR 4-8-8-2 locomotive. Reskin by Phil Voxland of NALW Big Boy (Jens-Christian Baerenz, and others)
    I'm NOT a member of the TRAINSIM.com "Good 'ole boys club" and YES I'm an opinionated GROUCH and say what I want because this is STILL the good ole USA! Specifications ARE subject to change without notice; responsible replies are neither required nor wanted! Pinecones are TASTY TREATS!

You could re-paint my EM-1 which is almost an exact match for what you want.

Name: bo_em1.zip Size: 4,622,600 Date: 06-29-2009 Downloads: 1,359
    MSTS B&O EM-1 #7607 Steam Locomotive. The last purchase from Baldwin, these 2-8-8-4 engines lasted until the 1960s. Worked most of the B&O divisions. Original model by Allen Norton. Original modelling and textures by Chris Van Wagoner.
    Chrisvw
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Longmont, CO (ex-Coon Rapids, MN; exx-East Hanover, NJ)

I think repainting the EM-1 would be a better way to go, since the file that frankoburns suggested is just a reskinned Big Boy with the 4-8-8-4 wheel arrangement. However, I think a modification of the .s file would be needed in order to remove the drumhead, if there is one. The file that frankoburns suggested could be used for the tender. If you search "duluth missabe and iron range" on the file library, the last file is an entire trainset including two SD9's, 12 ore cars (6 loaded, 6 empty), and a caboose. Then we stumble upon a problem: What whistle did the DM&IR Yellowstones use?
    -Dustin

If you can't view my Photobucket photos due to exceeded bandwith, open them in a new tab.

Longmont, CO (ex-Coon Rapids, MN; exx-East Hanover, NJ)

The Yellowstones had their smokebox mounted on the front of the engine. It would take a lot of work to replicate that.
    -Dustin

If you can't view my Photobucket photos due to exceeded bandwith, open them in a new tab.

All steam engines do?... (asides SP Cab forwards and a few Italian steamers) Did you mean Air pumps?... because they are on the front, in front of the smoke box. http://www.steamlocomotive.com/yellowstone/dmir225p.jpg