Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another dumb thing !

Oh, I'm a railroading fan. I just get sick of marketing departments with their eyes on marketing instead of what gave them the cash flow to open their doors to begin with. It's like they are in a race to put their customers out. Nice to attract new users, can't do it without the old users who's content you rely on to attract them though.
    Oh well, spent the day cutting and splitting wood for the week. Probably fire up the old imac G3 and use Mac Falcon 4.0 to do some landscaping tomorrow. Might even reload Windows and get 06 going. Be nice to play for a change and not spend half the time trying to make it all work. Tidewater sounds good with some AIs at full screen with no burps.

Dave.......
    Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

well this is what you get. everything past trs 09 is thrown together and dosent work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky15 View Post
    Oh, I'm a railroading fan. I just get sick of marketing departments with their eyes on marketing instead of what gave them the cash flow to open their doors to begin with. It's like they are in a race to put their customers out. Nice to attract new users, can't do it without the old users who's content you rely on to attract them though.
    Oh well, spent the day cutting and splitting wood for the week. Probably fire up the old imac G3 and use Mac Falcon 4.0 to do some landscaping tomorrow. Might even reload Windows and get 06 going. Be nice to play for a change and not spend half the time trying to make it all work. Tidewater sounds good with some AIs at full screen with no burps.

Dave.......
    100% true!!! A new customer cannot even get off the ground without coming across the need to go through some weird procedure to fix something. The people who manage these gaming companies are not main stream managers. They think they know what to do but obviously fail to understand that customers want to USE their product not FIX it. They are oblivious to lack of new customer retention caused by nasty roadblocks produced by cobbled together software. Their immature planning horizon is very short. As soon as we see their reliance on addon revenue to make payroll that begins the downhill slide. If they had any management skills, before they released an addon with the objective to prop up revenue, they needed a plan and funding to fix the base product. That is too much to expect from people who revel at a second tier golf club with their self-endowed title of CEO.
    Regards - Dick
    i5 2500K$, GTX 550 1gb, 8gb of SkillFULL memory, A 700 watt power thingy, lots of cables
    Program to take screenie weenys from da puter. Bro, Dude, Man operator