Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Southern 630

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    Mike, are you or would you do a WMSR 734 using this loco. The original in the file library was done in 2003 and this would be a very good upgrade to that one. The only difference is that the tender of 734 has six wheels with a different kind of truck. For photo, see: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=386660 . Railpictures.net also has quite a collection of other photos of this locomotive besides this one.
    Steve, I'll see what I can do. I can't promise a perfect version of it, but once I get 630 out of the shops and out on the main line, I'll give it a whirl. I rode behind 734 last year and have quite a few pictures I can reference.
    --Mike L.
    Rail Organizations I'm involved with:
    Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society
    Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Quote Originally Posted by 261Steam View Post
    yeah too bad we cant have someone do a Freight Animation and put the bell in the proper location!

Brandon
    Whadya' mean can't? Heck, I could almost do that asleep! I did something similar for koasterkidd recently that involved a headlight, whistle, and bell, I could easily pull the bell from that FA for this locomotive. I'd prefer for someone else to alpha-out the existing bell first.
    Last edited by fleegle411; 01-19-2012 at 05:49 PM.

I think that would make a HUGE Difference in how the model looks!! Im working on sounds for it at the moment and they are coming out really well! I did have to make the wheel Diameter bigger though so the sounds worked right but its still small enough!
    NOTHING Like Chasing the Milwaukee Road 261 at 60 MPH

I got a call from the Chief Mechanical Officer of the LSRC today, and he was wondering if I had a steam engine available to run an excursion out of La Salle for some shippers to see one of the grain elevators on the railroad,as their 6444 was in the shop getting some work done. And it just so happened, I did.

630 on the point of the shipper's special at La Salle. This will be her first revenue run. I managed to get this picture before departure. We kept her around 30 mph during this run in case anything went wrong. But halfway into the trip, we realized we had nothing to fear. She ran like a Swiss watch all the way.

When we reached our destination, we serviced the engine. I was able to snap this off while checking the bearings on the tender. Everything was cool and working great. We ran around the train and light back to La Salle. We are very satisfied with her performance and will be conducting a few more break-in runs on the LSRC to work out any kinks. So far, so good!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --Mike L.
    Rail Organizations I'm involved with:
    Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society
    Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad

Nice shots, and I have no problems to report . That sounds are great, the textures are great, can't wait for that bell fix (possibly)!

Oh Ryan if you think those sounds are good! Wait until you see what I have in store for sounds with this one!! All NEW Sound set coming up!

Pinch me I'm dreaming .

Oh my God............

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you guys think I did okay? Let me know! I will also be putting a new video up of the FRISCO 1522 Sounds too soon!