Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI leading locomotives

Longmont, CO (ex-Coon Rapids, MN; exx-East Hanover, NJ)

Default AI leading locomotives

Is there any way that I can get an AI locomotive to be at the front of a consist? I can't make an AI service with only AI engines.
    -Dustin

If you can't view my Photobucket photos due to exceeded bandwith, open them in a new tab.

Quote Originally Posted by mipman25 View Post
    I can't make an AI service with only AI engines.
    Why not?
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    Why not?
    I'm not saying that I don't want to; I'm saying that I the Activity Editor won't let me make a player service using only AI engines.

By the way, I'm experiencing a very strange glitch which I have never experienced before. The player consist I'm using only uses this addon- dmcxsw15.zip- and I added an AI train using these two addons: fbles44r.zip and fblbeth1.zip. The glitch started happening after I tested the activity for the second or third time after adding the AI train. Whenever I look at the player consist, I get large black, grey, and white polygons flashing rapidly. It stopped after I was a considerable distance away from the AI train. I had also paused for a long time. Has anyone seen this before?

Last edited by mipman25; 01-23-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    -Dustin

If you can't view my Photobucket photos due to exceeded bandwith, open them in a new tab.

Quote Originally Posted by mipman25 View Post
    I'm not saying that I don't want to; I'm saying that I the Activity Editor won't let me make a player service using only AI engines.
    You can't use AI locos for a Player service lead loco. I thought you were saying that you couldn't use AI locos for an AI service.
    Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show

If you have a player .eng file, for instance #001, and an AI loco, for instance #002, in the same engine folder (say, both Dash-9's of the same .s/.sd family), then:
    Copy the player .eng and rename it to #002, and open and edit all the instances of the #001 numbers, changing to #002. (generally, four instances)

Not sure if this is what you are hinting at or not, but just in case......your original post is rather foggy.
    Last edited by qballbandit; 01-23-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Neil

Sincere thanks to the many generous freeware artists in the community

Quote Originally Posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
    You can't use AI locos for a Player service lead loco. I thought you were saying that you couldn't use AI locos for an AI service.
    How do I make an AI service? I make a player service and add it to the traffic to make an AI service. Is there another way to do so in the Activity Editor?

800th post. At this point, it's not such a big deal to me. However, some others assumed that I post frequently for the post count. The only reason I post so much is because I just like this forum and I happen to post faster than I can imagine.
    Last edited by mipman25; 01-24-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    -Dustin

Nevermind, I got it to work. Apparently, I had to make an AI-only consist and make a service for it. Although I couldn't access it in the player service, I could use it in the traffic editor.
    -Dustin

An AI consist with an AI loco leading will never be available for a player consist/service. However, if you make your AI consist using a drivable leading loco, this will always be there in the player usable list.

As for your other query, the large black/gray object might be an untextured polygon or a faulty polygon in the model.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Baldwin,
    All consists are available for being picked as the player train when using the AE--some just will not work since they don't have the right files associated--primarily the cabview.cvf file. The majority of AI engine files do not have a Cabview.cvf file/line in the .eng file nor will they likely include the Cab.cvf sound file. However, any AI train can be made to work as an ordinary .eng file by just inserting those two lines within the .eng file. Conbuilder Pro will not allow you to insert any .eng file that does not have the Cabview.cvf file line for the first engine in any consist.

Bob Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by oakpalms View Post
    Baldwin,
    All consists are available for being picked as the player train when using the AE--some just will not work since they don't have the right files associated--primarily the cabview.cvf file. The majority of AI engine files do not have a Cabview.cvf file/line in the .eng file nor will they likely include the Cab.cvf sound file. However, any AI train can be made to work as an ordinary .eng file by just inserting those two lines within the .eng file. Conbuilder Pro will not allow you to insert any .eng file that does not have the Cabview.cvf file line for the first engine in any consist.

Bob Edwards
    Indeed Bob, and when launching an operation from Trainstore, it will most certainly stop and give warning of a leading locomotive with "No cabview" and abort the upload, if you manage to get past that, the sim won't let you get any further.

Moe
    RRFL
    Retired Foreman UPRR