Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCDOT F59PHIs

NICE! Just what my Amtrak 73, 74, 75, 76's need!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by bwyrick View Post
    I have something to show you sir. I caught this as I was getting off my commuter across the platform, so I quickly crossed the bridge to catch it leaving.
    Me likey!
    "The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
    -Harlan Ellison

Just an update for y'all. This project is not dead by any means. I just received permission from Marc to release the unit. All that's left is to package them up, and release.
    Founder/owner of the Monterey and Salinas Valley Railroad, Central Coast Locomotive Works
    MSVR home, and new forums over at msvr.weebly.com

WOW! 3dtrains surfliner repainted into the North Carolina scheme awsome!
    Last edited by acelafan84; 04-19-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Please don't quote pictures, as it makes it hard for slower computers to load the page. Also, some advice for the future-if there's a repaint you like featured in an old thread, email the creator with your congratulations rather than bumping-this thread isn't techincally bumping but threads of this sort tend to drop off in activity after a while unless the creator comes out with an update.
    http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthr...of-Old-Threads
    -Harlan Ellison

Just redownloaded WinZip, so I'm about to upload these two (Sunday), so look for them Monday or Tuesday. Jason, you should be getting something in pretty soon too.
    Founder/owner of the Monterey and Salinas Valley Railroad, Central Coast Locomotive Works

Thanks for giving em a go, Bwyrick. But just a little correction, whilst NCDOT runs some things as 'RCNX', 1755, 1797, 1792, 1893, 1859, all operate under the mark of "NCDOT". I've never seen them as 'RCNX 1755'. Color of the gray looks a bit..Dark... Too. Don't remember em being so dark. Either way, you did really good! 2 slight errors that are EASILY changeable out of everything, is QUITE good. Us Carolinian's don't have the easiest-to-make color scheme either, what with our wavy striping haha.

Looks good Brody! Thanks for giving it a whirl!
    -Harlan Ellison

No problem! I'll admit they're a bit dark, and I see where you're coming from with the NCDOT phrasing, but when I named the folders, I just used the FRA 4 letter callsign, which is RNCX. I don't mean to sound too nit-picky, I'm just saying where I came from with the designations. Anyhow, this was a fun project to tackle, and I'm glad with how they turned out overall.