Thread: Can someone re-size a logo?

Default Can someone re-size a logo?

What I need is the "old school" Wal-Mart logo (the one used from 1964-1981), but bigger than what it is now, or preferably an EPS file so I can open it in any size without losing the resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by dredick View Post
    What I need is the "old school" Wal-Mart logo (the one used from 1964-1981), but bigger than what it is now, or preferably an EPS file so I can open it in any size without losing the resolution.
    Google Images is your friend.

Other than that, get a decent photo program for free:

- IrfanView (easy resizing with Lanczos algorithm and much more)

- GIMP (full-feature graphics program similar to Photoshop)

- PaintNET (full-feature graphics program similar to Photoshop)

There's no excuse not to have them installed !
    http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoran View Post
    Google Images is your friend.
    While that may be your stock answer to someone new to re-painting, I am not, and so it comes across as condescending. I couldn't find anything large enough for my purposes, so that's why I asked here. Guess that was a mistake.

Other than that, get a decent photo program for free:

- IrfanView (easy resizing with Lanczos algorithm and much more)

- GIMP (full-feature graphics program similar to Photoshop)

- PaintNET (full-feature graphics program similar to Photoshop)

There's no excuse not to have them installed !
    I use PSP v9 which suits my needs well. It just doesn't re-size images to a larger size very well.

But point taken. I had previously installed GIMP for another purpose, and used it to re-size the logo to fit what I am working on.

SFCAN161.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dredick View Post
    While that may be your stock answer to someone new to re-painting, I am not, and so it comes across as condescending.
    Didn't seem that way to me. But I think we all know that enlarging images is problematic no matter what editor you're using.

Why not find the typeface and re-create the logo yourself from that? It can take some time, but utilities like Identifont and WhatTheFont can help. Or just a search for "western fonts" since that one looks pretty cliché. i.e. http://www.fontspace.com/category/old western

hmm .. guess you not need this now but i have eps/ai/svg ( or pdf ) if you still want nice scalable vector with trans background.