Thread: Missing files in the trainsim.com library

Question Missing files in the trainsim.com library

Hello,

at the moment I am working on an activity pack for the Surfliner 2 route. I will use nearly the same rolling stock as I used in my activity pack for the first Surfliner Pack before. By checking all the .zips required, I found out, that three zips could not be found anymore:

P42TAN.ZIP
    atvep1.zip
    atvep2.zip

Now, the first one seems to be a grey Genesis locco. But what are the other two? Maybe someone in this forum knows what was the content of these archives?

And what's even more interesting: Why have these three files been removed from the library?

Cheers,

doclouis

Longmont, CO (ex-Coon Rapids, MN; exx-East Hanover, NJ)

I thought P42TAN.ZIP was a cabview. I think the other two are P42 packs which were removed. It's a shame he removed them, as they were a great stand-in for payware P42s.
    -Dustin

If you can't view my Photobucket photos due to exceeded bandwith, open them in a new tab.

Hello mipman25,
    thank you for answering so fast! Yes, these Genesis locos just looked great! I still don't know how to replace them.
    cheers,
    doclouis

It appears that all of Mr. Fontaine's models have been pulled from the file library. For freeware Genesis models, you'll have to use the NALW version. Otherwise there are payware models available from Streamlines and 3D Trainstuff.

P42TAN is indeed a cabview. However the filenames I have for his P42's are atveatsp.zip and atveatfx which are different than mentioned above.

Thank you very much for your answers!
    Now it'ssome easier to replace these engines and upload an update to the file library.
    Cheers,
    doclouis

I recall a dust-up in the forums involving Mr. Fontaine and about those engines. Too bad.
    Christopher