Thread: Northeastern Rails

Default Northeastern Rails

This thread was created for people to show off screenshots taken on Northeastern US routes. You can post your own. You are free to use any route, railroad and/or era, however, the route must be located in the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont, as well as Washington, DC.

To start this off:

An Acela Express heading towards Philadelphia and New York sits at Baltimore Penn Station while a Washington-bound Regional arrives on a typical late morning.

Boston - 1940s

Boston - 1950s

Boston - 1960s

Routes Used
    Pan Am Railways Portland - Lawrence Route
    Lehigh & Hudson River Route
    Dominion Atlantic Route.

Wells, Maine

North Berwick, Maine.

Mattawamkeag, Maine

Waterville, Maine.

Livermore Falls, Maine

Wells, Maine

Wells, Maine

Wells, Maine

North Berwick, Maine

Longmont, CO (ex-Coon Rapids, MN; exx-East Hanover, NJ)

Those are some great shots, Rick!

Lehigh & Hudson River. This shot was meant to simply drive a plot for getting a Lehigh Valley RS-11. It originally operated on the Port Morris & Andover before being retired and being sent to ERPX as a parts unit for their RS-27 #640. I have since given this road to Cnyle since he wanted to operate a road almost exactly like the PM&A.

Practicing for a Rail Expo 2012 held by koasterkidd.

The ex-B&O Pittsburgh-Parker subdivision on the Allegheny Rails in Pennsylvania. The Pittsburgh roundhouse and yard are now owned by a company called ERPX, which does excursions from Pittsburgh going as far north as Parker. Here, we see B&O 3695 leading a strangely backdated coal drag with Q4b #4450 in tow.

A B&O passenger train snakes across a bridge as it begins its journey.

Another strange happening in Philidelphia; this time with an EM-1. The owner, Mr. Renzulli, and I were watching this train go by. Needless to say, when the caboose finally rushed by the Pittsburgh roundhouse, he was grinning like a bald, 75 year-old idiot.

A race between B&O and B&LE at Pittsburgh Union Station.

For the Fourth of July, Mr. Renzulli held ERPX's first doubleheaded train, with B&O #4450 and T3c #5594 providing power and C&O E8A 4026 providing HEP and dynamic braking.

The hardest working engine at ERPX is CNJ GP7 #1527, working the yard shuttles daily.

ERPX 640 performs her break-in run as she speeds along the Allegheny River.

B&O 4450 has recieved a bright new coat of paint. Notice 5594's new coat of paint in the roundhouse. I'm surprised CSX hasn't noticed ERPX running steam on their trackage yet...

Happy birthday, Mr. Renzulli!
    Last edited by mipman25; 07-25-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    -Dustin

If you can't view my Photobucket photos due to exceeded bandwith, open them in a new tab.

Here we have a CNJ meet outside of Red Bank.

Next we take it back in time to the roaring 20's with the London Port Stanley.

And finally from the early years of Amtrak, theNational Ltd and below is a northbound Silver Service train.

Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY

Longmont, CO (ex-Coon Rapids, MN; exx-East Hanover, NJ)

Nice Phase II equipment, captain82! You planning on releasing it?
    -Dustin

If you can't view my Photobucket photos due to exceeded bandwith, open them in a new tab.

i got a video for you guys

Nice mood shots, Cas. I love the dead B&M RDC9 in the first shot, sitting forlorn in the rain.....