if anyone's interested, i found this on the world of subway's wiki page:
"The founder of TML Studios Thomas Langelotz has confirmed that a World Of Subways Volume 4 will be developed and that it will be set across the Atlantic Ocean from Germany. On 27 February 2013 it was confirmed that "Currently TML is working on WoS4" "
I for one can't wait to see what they do next and i have all three world of subways.
the details concerning world of subways 4 however are hard to understand basically because the translation from German to english is sketchy at best.
But from what i can understand, the reasoning behind no wos4 by now has to do with licensing and other legal matters that Germany is not making easy for TML. I suppose legal issues for the first three weren't so problematic but this time there are issues. there are supposedly many places that need to be notified of this and some are skeptical and others are just not interested.
It is mentioned that they have about 70% of what they need but it's not enough to start a game from that. the remaining 30% is the rest of the companies that are giving TML a headache.
This information was written in June of 2012, and it's the most current info i could find. and since in Feb. of this year, TML has confirmed that WOS4 is in production, i could guess they've ironed out all the legal problems and we could expect a new WOS in a couple years.
i posted the other info to give you guys an idea of why TML hasn't released a new one yet.
Last edited by railfan101; 04-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Reason: more up to date information
Tom Newfound Train Simulator 2012 User
Coming soon: Red Dead Redemption Rail Line
Predicted release: Summer 2017