Page 1 of 19 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: First impressions of Run8

Default First impressions of Run8

Just got Run8:

1. Horrible documentation, nothing about how to run your first train. Told to got to the website and read basics section, really, the website.
    Need to throw the breakers in the cab, not in documentation, need to go to forum site to find that out. The manuals are in .doc format, really lame.
    Still haven't got a train moving, no help in forum.

2. Looks like Trainz 2004, yeah, Trainz 2004.
    No frogs, really 2012 and no frogs. Switchpoints show hollow rail section.
    Not very good graphically.

3. Raildriver does work a plus

4. Totally complicated keyboard interface

Really a half-cooked beta release.

Harold

EDIT: No way to do switching without gymnastics with keyboard. No I still haven't go a train moving.
    Last edited by hminky; 08-25-2012 at 08:20 AM.

cvo2010 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hminky View Post
    Just got Run8:

1. Horrible documentation, nothing about how to run your first train. Told to got to the website and read basics section, really, the website.
    Need to throw the breakers in the cab, not in documentation, need to go to forum site to find that out. The manuals are in .doc format, really lame.
    Still haven't got a train moving, no help in forum.

2. Looks like Trainz 2004, yeah, Trainz 2004.
    No frogs, really 2012 and no frogs. Switchpoints show hollow rail section.
    Not very good graphically.

3. Raildriver does work a plus

4. Totally complicated keyboard interface

Really a half-cooked beta release.

Harold

EDIT: No way to do switching without gymnastics with keyboard. No I still haven't go a train moving.
    Hi Harold,

At least you have access to their website (for now, will you continue to have access after you have posted these first impressions here on T.S.com) ?.
    If I buy Run8, what do I have to do, I have tried to register on the webside, but apparently I'm not allowed to join up, where do I find the necessary information on how to run a train in Run8, trying to sell a new program under these circumstances, seems extremely weird ,
    I have come to the conclusion, that they can kiss my ***.

Regards Claus
    Last edited by cvo2010; 08-25-2012 at 09:07 AM.

I bought Run8 to see if it was possible to do switching operations. Finally got a single locomotive to move but the viewing perspectives make switching impossible and the interface is too cluttered.

Run8 is basically a train-running a to b multi-player sit-in-the-cab sim, but that is what they advertised.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 08-25-2012 at 08:42 AM.

I'm intrigued by the ethics of this arrangement, where anyone can buy and download the product yet if the included documentation (DOC file instead of PDF???) is lacking and one needs further information how does one get it if banned from their forum?

Is it a case of "We'll take your money, no problem, but because you have upset us then forget about placing any questions on the forum"?

I was permanently banned a couple of weeks ago for some paltry breach of the rules yet have just had my purchase and payment accepted without any hesitation.
    You'd think my name would be on a list of unwelcome customers but it appears as if my dollars are as welcome as those of anyone else.

A somewhat peculiar business ethic.

Bruce

.....Finally got a single locomotive to move ....
    You just may be called upon to provide a list of instructions, Harold.

cvo2010 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Yes, and Harold, I wouldn't mind a single screenshot if it's possible , just to see the "Beast" in operation.

Regards Claus

Quote Originally Posted by cvo2010 View Post
    Yes, and Harold, I wouldn't mind a single screenshot if it's possible , just to see the "Beast" in operation.

Regards Claus
    Already un-installed Run8, it will never do what I want to do, switching operations. Oh, well, going back to my Trainz "sandbox" to finish configuring a route for CMTM3.

I will always try a new sim. I thing I have everything released. Most of them don't do much.

Harold

Already un-installed Run8, ....
    That's got to be one of the fastest install-uninstall sequences ever!

Bruce

That's got to be one of the fastest install-uninstall sequences ever!

Bruce
    Playing around with a game for 2 hours usually is enough to determine whether it is applicable.

I am not saying the Run8 is good or bad. It just doesn't do what I want. No sense hanging around whining "why don't the fix this or that".

A game is what it is at the initial release.

My fastest un-install was "Duke Nukem-Forever". That was off my hard-drive after opening the first level.

Harold

cvo2010 Guest

Playing around with a game for 2 hours usually is enough to determine whether it is applicable.

I am not saying the Run8 is good or bad. It just doesn't do what I want. No sense hanging around whining "why don't the fix this or that".

A game is what it is at the initial release.

My fastest un-install was "Duke Nukem-Forever". That was off my hard-drive after opening the first level.

Harold
    That seems to be a very reasonable and fair conclusion, and thank You Harold, for sharing your first impressions with the rest of us.

Regards Claus