Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: License revoked, refund made.

Default License revoked, refund made.

Just a quick note that my license to use Run 8 has been revoked by Run 8 Studios (and the purchase price refunded) due to my unacceptable "harrassment and childish antics" on the Run 8 America forum prior to the release of the sim. Mea culpa!

The cancellation of the license followed an email I sent to Run 8 requesting their advice on how support for the product would be provided for those who cannot (or do not want to) access the Run 8 America forum, to which I received the response, quote "P*SS OFF!".

This was then followed up with an email from Brad in which he informed me that "we are refunding your purchase so please remove our software from your PC and take your business elsewhere. Your licence to use our software has now been revoked."

So technically, whilst I can still use this program, legally I cannot. I will, however, continue to follow its progress with interest.

In summary, it is regretful that this situation should come about because of two different attitudes (theirs and mine) towards a dictatorial forum, but that's life and what remains of mine is too short to be overly concerned about a piece of entertainment.

Just a note of caution to anyone contemplating buying Run 8; don't rock the boat.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Just a quick note that my license to use Run 8 has been revoked by Run 8 Studios (and the purchase price refunded) due to my unacceptable "harrassment and childish antics" on the Run 8 America forum prior to the release of the sim. Mea culpa!

The cancellation of the license followed an email I sent to Run 8 requesting their advice on how support for the product would be provided for those who cannot (or do not want to) access the Run 8 America forum, to which I received the response, quote "P*SS OFF!".

This was then followed up with an email from Brad in which he informed me that "we are refunding your purchase so please remove our software from your PC and take your business elsewhere. Your licence to use our software has now been revoked."

So technically, whilst I can still use this program, legally I cannot. I will, however, continue to follow its progress with interest.

In summary, it is regretful that this situation should come about because of two different attitudes (theirs and mine) towards a dictatorial forum, but that's life and what remains of mine is too short to be overly concerned about a piece of entertainment.

Just a note of caution to anyone contemplating buying Run 8; don't rock the boat.

Bruce
    how sad.

How to kill a business...
    It is especially ironic because your posts here were quite good and I was starting to think about trying this sim.
    Now I will never buy it.

It absolutely does not matter if it is good or not. It is entirely irrelevant, because they will not stay in business.
    I'm not going to lose time and money on doomed software.

I have un-installed RUN-8 yesterday and after switching on my computer today was told by it's Boot process that Win-XP SP3 could not be started unless I use a previous working version if it which I selected and WIN-XP loaded.

I am not aware of having done anything else which could explain why that happened.

To be on the safe side I restored a 2 days old Norton Ghost Image of it and all is working as it should !

Brad is welcome to my $ 40 to get his team a drink, after having allowed me to clone their Donner-Pass for use with DB-Tracks, which however I have not made available to users of it for other reasons.

O t t o

That's quite appalling Bruce, just as we all coming round to seeing the good in the sim and agreeing that discussion should focus on the positive. TBH I think the guy needs (medical) help, that's not the actions of a rational person.

This is not a company that seems in the least bit interest in doing business in the conventional way. I guess if they've refunded your money there's not really anywhere you can go as a consumer, to the California equivalent of Trading Standards.

Far from attracting people from Railworks, Trainz and residual MSTS this is going to keep them firmly away from the sim.

Think I will now consider adding Tehachapi to my "to do" lists of routes for Railworks, the physics may not be as good but at least RSC/Steam don't revoke your licence to play the bloody thing over a few searching comments/questions!
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 08-29-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post

Bruce
    Run 8 is really entertaining - not the sim itself, but its makers and the whole ecosphere around it.

Don't know about your opinion, but any businessman - or even employee - insulting a customer and literally kicking him out of his shop for no sane reason whatsoever is, well, insane. Just plain insane. No other word for it. I'm watching in awe and have to remember to close my mouth, as my jaw just dropped onto the desk ...

And I thought Microsoft was bad for dropping MSTS 2 ...

Needless to say that I will never touch Run8. Not even a pirated version. They can keep it for all I care.
    Last edited by GoGoran; 08-29-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

So there ya go. Want a refund? Make a ruckus on their website.

Incredible. I've seen garage sales which were run more professionally than these guys.... Word of mouth is going to bury them the way it did for FPM.

Is this thru SWREG? Payment processors get a bit pissed about antics like this.
    Last edited by eolesen; 08-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Packerland Dev Release 2013-06 now available on Dropbox -- PM me for access...

It really seems unfortunate, especially since you went from ranting and complaining about the way they did business, to actually helping and asking intelligent questions.
    Its their forum and game, they can do what they like, but it doesn't help customer relations one bit.
    Intrested in all Train-Sims

Well just when I was about to made the leap and buy this, this weekend. Geez these guys truly dont care either way do they? In fairness though if you bought the game why not join the forum and ask away minus the cynicism? You join a forum like this one to rant away in why not join one that you have money invested into? Either way I dont want to spend months playing something and mastering it just to have the rug pulled out from under me because someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    So there ya go. Want a refund? Make a ruckus on their website.

Incredible. I've seen garage sales which were run more professionally than these guys.... Word of mouth is going to bury them the way it did for FPM.

Maybe they got their business model from FPM.