Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: License revoked, refund made.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsk8 View Post
    ....Reminds me of the Seinfeld series, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!
    LOL!!
    That was a classic.

Jonquiere, QC (Canada) / Milepost 201.4 - CN Lake St-John Sub.

It's sad but with everything I've read here, I did not really want to buy this product...

Matthew

Bunch of spoiled brats hosting this "Run-8" Fantasy I take it... So much for being actually successful.

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare 1.3 trillion?))

Reminds me of when I bought the original "London to Brighton" MSTS addon and was banned from their forum for politely pointing out errors in the route.I have not and will never buy anything from them again.Similarly when Railworks or whatever it is called this week was being developed and showed some of their products I was told I was wrong when I pointed out things which I KNEW were incorrect I decided never to purchase any of their products.People in business have to remember that the customer is ALWAYS right (even when they are wrong).A business will only succeed with repeat orders.As Marc of 3D trains has been mentioned here I will say he has been very fair with me as a customer and I will buy again if he makes more MSTS "stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Reminds me of when I bought the original "London to Brighton" MSTS addon and was banned from their forum for politely pointing out errors in the route.I have not and will never buy anything from them again.
    3DTrainStuff had nada to to with London Brighton, that was Europeanbahn

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare 1.3 trillion?))

Quote Originally Posted by TrainFreak View Post
    3DTrainStuff had nada to to with London Brighton, that was Europeanbahn
    Yes,I know that,I did not say 3DTrainStuff WAS involved with L to B,you are assuming and jumping to a conclusion.I purposely did not mention the vendors of the route.

Im pretty sure as the mod says there are too sides to this argument and were only seeing one..

However "if" this is indeed the language and attitude of the developer then I agree. They dont deserve anyones cash for this.

Once you release payware you have to rise above any criticism as it is bound to follow. If you cant do that or respond like an adult (no matter what the language or attitude of the critiscism) just release it for free to your pals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
    Im pretty sure as the mod says there are too sides to this argument and were only seeing one.. ..
    No - you are seeing both.
    I have readily admitted that I breached their forum rules and regulations, so there is no argument to be found there.
    I have also related the sequence of events - with quotes from the emails - that transpired after I was banned, then made an enquiry about support. So no argument there either.
    (If you want to see the actual emails I sent and received, I can proved transcripts, but what is the point?)

There is no other "side" - the boy was naughty, he was smacked on the bum and sent to his room, from where he asked if he was going to get his dinner and was subsequently told to piss off.

End of analogy, end of story.

Default Not so fast

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    No - you are seeing both.
    I have readily admitted that I breached their forum rules and regulations, so there is no argument to be found there.
    I have also related the sequence of events - with quotes from the emails - that transpired after I was banned, then made an enquiry about support. So no argument there either.
    (If you want to see the actual emails I sent and received, I can proved transcripts, but what is the point?)

There is no other "side" - the boy was naughty, he was smacked on the bum and sent to his room, from where he asked if he was going to get his dinner and was subsequently told to piss off.

End of analogy, end of story.
    Not so fast Bruce, I do have something to say;

Yes, it is true that I banned Bruce from our forums a couple of weeks ago and later refunded his purchase and then asked him to remove our software from his PC.

And here is the other side of the story as to why I ended up taking the actions I did..

Two or three weeks ago Bruce registered on our forums as two different users, one was the one he uses here, Seagoon, and the other was Minniebannister whos profile by the way stated, "Hobbies: Harrasing egotistical Americans". Anywho, Minnie started making allot a stir about us not including AI in Run8 and later the tools and would not let up about it or let it go. No answer we gave was good enough apparantly.. and during this same period I received an email from Bruce stating that he did not like John Greenstone and though he was too "flippant" and "arrogant" in his replies regarding his feelings about AI. He also did not like the Noobe mode we showed on the website and said we should change it (which we did). And Bruce also said that we were making a serious mistake by not including AI and would probably hurt our business blah blah blah etc. Well one night John and I were on the phone and he started telling me about Minnie and so being the Admin of our forum I looked up Minnie and low and behold the email address listed belonged to Bruce so I sent him a warning about having two accountswhich is against our rules, and to please stop playing games with John. Well all that did was make Bruce angry so he lashed out at us again with another condescending and rude email about how dare we send him a warning blah blah blah..

So he got banned. And that just made Bruce more angrier, and he has been over here complaining about it ever since.

Then Weds. morning I check my email, and guess what it's another bloviated, condescending email from Bruce wanting to know how we intended to provide him support if he is banned from our forums. So I thought about it, and I thought to myself that this guy is really becoming a pain in my a**, and I'll be honest with everyone, I was just tired of listening to it.. so I refunded his purchase, and yes, I told him to PO.

Yes, after reflecting on it, that was not a nice thing to say, and I'm sorry Bruce.

And folks the real tragedy in all this for me personally is that I use to consider Bruce my friend and confidante. Infact I had emailed him a couple of months ago that was excited to show him Run 8 and that I looked forward to running over Tehachapi with him. So sad really

and that's my side of the story, now I will go to my room.. and play trains
    Last edited by 3DTrainStuff; 08-30-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: I added some spaces
    Best regards,
    Brad Brown

Good Morning:

To bad some can't be banned from this site.

Keep up the good work Brad, I enjoy the sim

Chandler