Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saluda

Default Saluda

I know there has been alot of people probably ask this but when Saluda was built for MSTS alot and i mean ALOT of the track files where corrupted. not only that but alot of the textures where missing as well. has anyone come up with a solution to all of this mess for saluda? i not looking for someone to tell me to fix the route myself. i dont do that. im asking for some advice on HOW to fix it or the EASIEST way to fix it. please let me know as i am dying to get this route running. thanks

Textures missing, files corrupted?
    I never had the issue, and I was one of the beta testers when the route was first ready for release.

Can you explain what corrupt files you are having, and what textures are missing. Are you sure you have Scalerail and Scaleroads properly installed, along with the additional Scaleroads Salude file in the library?

Yes from what i understood by the Author of the route some of the scalerails textures got corrupted causing alot of errors to pop up during a session in the route. most of the other textures missing where things like the autumn and winter snows and some other stuff. i do not currently have the route installed as it was causing alot of issues, i tried everything from route riter to going in and replacing some pieces of track and still had issues. and yes scale rail and scale roads where correctly installed.

Quote Originally Posted by PORU333 View Post
    I never had the issue, and I was one of the beta testers when the route was first ready for release.

Can you explain what corrupt files you are having, and what textures are missing. Are you sure you have Scalerail and Scaleroads properly installed, along with the additional Scaleroads Salude file in the library?

That is strange. I have had no issue with the route what so ever. Though, summer time was all I ran, and I do believe Kent stated that was the only one you could run, winter textures IIRC weren't involved, nor fall or spring, but honestly I can't remember right now.

I don't recall having serious amounts of issues either to the point of them not being able to run it.

Did you read every last word of the README? Probably not....
    From the readme:::"THE SALUDA.EXE FILE DOES NOT CONTAIN THE SCALERAIL AND SCALEROADS SHAPES AND TEXTURES NEEDED TO RUN THE ROUTE. VISIT www.3DTrains.com TO DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLERS YOU WANT. SHAPES WILL BE INSTALLED TO YOUR GLOBAL FOLDER, AND THE TEXTURES INSTALLERS SHOULD BE POINTED TO THE SALUDA FOLDER IN YOUR TRAIN SIM ROUTES DIRECTORY."

Let me repeat that so you understand it: THE TEXTURES INSTALLERS SHOULD BE POINTED TO THE SALUDA FOLDER IN YOUR TRAIN SIM ROUTES DIRECTORY!

More from the readme::"Make sure you have the latest ScaleRail and ScaleRoads installed from 3DTrains.com. (The current public beta on the site as of June 25, 2007, includes both ScaleRail and ScaleRoads. These are free downloads and will install the necessary shapes and textures. You will need to register to access the download page.
    Then make sure you have NewRoads installed, available from the file library at Train-Sim.com. Unfortunately there were no ScaleRoads sections visually suitable for the six interstate crossings along the A&S line between Spartanburg and Asheville. There are NO at-grade crossings with NewRoads.
    Once you have run the installme.bat (twice if necessary with some XP configs) and are sure you have the required add-on track and road sets installed, you can start the sim, choose the Saluda route, select one of the default equipment activities or Explore with a consist of your choosing on one of the many path options, and begin. After the terrain buffers are generated, you should be good to go".

If you are missing textures, you need to check your main MSTS folder/subfolders and make sure your permissions are set to allow writing to them..Uharc will balk at writing to folders with improper attributes! You may have to run the installme batchfile twice or even 3 times in some cases..If you are running a computer with less than a gig of ram and a processor of less than 2 GHZ. This route is not for you and will almost always crash upon loading. Missing textures may not even be "missing" because of the computer's inability to load all the shapes! MSTS will give a missing textures error sometimes when that happens. I have had this route installed for over a year now and had no issues, either when it was installed, or now. There's nothing wrong with the route, the problem is in your computer...or your MSTS install.
    Last edited by frankoburns; 09-25-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks Frank, I have the route running fine. There was an issue in the beginning until I had the correct version of scale roads installed, after that, no issues.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

ok PORU333 i have tried everything over again and double and even triple checked every thing. its still giving me SR_Track texture errors. saying that the texture files cannot be found. everything is installed correctly all the way from new roads to scale rails and roads. ive run the install me bat the way it was told to be done so. its giving me over a hundred SR track texture errors. any suggestions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by PORU333 View Post

Did you install the scalerail and scale road textures into the textures folder of the main SALUDA route folder as instructed in the documentation? If you did, you wouldn't be getting the errors! Did you read ANY of my post above?
    Last edited by frankoburns; 10-01-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Yes i did. the errors im getting keep telling me that its missing like track section W1ab and a bunch of other scalerail track sections. ive done all i can think to do to fix this even running it through route riter and its not doing a dang thing.

Quote Originally Posted by frankoburns View Post
    Did you install the scalerail and scale road textures into the textures folder of the main SALUDA route folder as instructed in the documentation? If you did, you wouldn't be getting the errors! Did you read ANY of my post above?

Well you know what the problem is: msts can't find those texture files it needs.

That gives you a starting point to try to pin down the problem. First thing: look in the folder it asks for: do you see those specific missing files? I assume not.

Then, do a search on your machine for one of the missing files. Found it? You'll probably find all the rest in the same location. Copy them into the location msts is looking for.

Didn't find it? Then you need to redownload something. It can be a bit hard to keep track of all the scalerail downloads; it's possible you missed one? Or the download was corrupted?

Christopher