Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go to www.Run8Studios.com to learn more about Run8!

Quote Originally Posted by Evictoria View Post
    Judging from just the videos, the graphics look as good or better than RW/TS so far.
    Run8 does not focus on eye candy, it's aimed at simmers who want to operate trains realistically, including the dispatching function in MP. In fact, if you spend too much time outside the cab with such realism in operations, you are probably going to make some mistakes. Running a heavy freight train up or down a mountain grade, or even across the challenging desert undulations between Barstow and Mojave, presents a major challenge and makes it difficult to worry too much about what the scenery looks like, if looking around distracts from proper operation of your train.

Quote Originally Posted by flarrfan2 View Post
    What would you suggest they do differently?
    Drop the egos and run it like a business.
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River Route for MSTS

Signature

Run8 does not focus on eye candy, it's aimed at simmers who want to operate trains realistically, including the dispatching function in MP. In fact, if you spend too much time outside the cab with such realism in operations, you are probably going to make some mistakes. Running a heavy freight train up or down a mountain grade, or even across the challenging desert undulations between Barstow and Mojave, presents a major challenge and makes it difficult to worry too much about what the scenery looks like, if looking around distracts from proper operation of your train.
    But don't you look at the scenery when stopped at a Red?
    Charles
    ConBuilder Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Drop the egos and run it like a business.
    Sometimes when your product is so good, your ego (or perceptions of it) may be well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    But don't you look at the scenery when stopped at a Red?
    They'll no doubt update it in the future, but for the time being, with its minimal scenery, malformed point rails, and apparently non-optimized code it remains a retail beta.
    Cheers!

Signature

Sometimes when your product is so good, your ego (or perceptions of it) may be well deserved.
    I've always subscribed to being humble is far better than believing your **** doesn't stink.
    Cheers!

Signature

I've always subscribed to being humble is far better than believing your **** doesn't stink.
    Amen to that.

Huh!

They'll no doubt update it in the future, but for the time being, with its minimal scenery, malformed point rails, and apparently non-optimized code it remains a retail beta.
    Which I have acknowledged on numerous occasions...but having also noted that I got my $40 worth of entertainment the last week of August, and everything since is gravy. I'm thankful that the team chose to share it with us and that the initial response hopefully makes expansion and further development of this niche sim a practical reality.

Are you still playing for 8-12 hours at a time, or has your interest waned a bit?
    Packerland Dev Release 2013-06 now available on Dropbox -- PM me for access...