Thread: MSTS Activity Editor and installing new locomotive with no consist

Default MSTS Activity Editor and installing new locomotive with no consist

Hello again,
    I cannot find any reference in the the MSTS Activity Editor, to the installation of add-on locomotives,
    my problem is I have an add-on that does not appear to have a consist file with it?

Now if I understand rightly-to have a locomotive show up in the Editor and in the 'Activity Selection List' in MSTS you have to have a consist file for that locomotive in the Trains\Consists folder.

And I follow how to make consists for existing locomotives that you can access via
    the drop-down window in the Activity Editor, but what happens when your locomotive does not appear in either
    the 'Act. Editor', nor because it has no consist in the Train Sim. 'Activity Selection List'.

Thank you,

bob

Just save anyone from wasting their time on this post, I think I've sorted it out?
    I looked at it again and I see Activity Editor explains how you can edit an existing
    activity and re-name it. Also the new add-on was in the Act Editor pop-up window
    so I was able to select it, no idea if it was there before?
    Then I went to Train Sim and found my new locomotive, and I took it out for a spin!
    MY VERY FIRST HOME MADE CONSIST!!!WOW!!!
    Thank you anyway,
    bob

Sniper292,
    You might mention that we have an Activity Editor section here on the trainsim.com forum from which this new member could have found information and where is topic would have been more wisely placed.

Bob Edwards

Default 'Activity Editor' section on Train Sim.com

Thank you, for the above advice about the 'Activity Editor' section on Train Sim.com.
    Went to 'Forum Search/Library Search', not sure what I should
    look for?
    Is the Activity Editor section an 'Activity Editor Tutorial', i.e., for beginners?

Has one been written that covers everything, more inclusive than what
    I'm using, i.e., Mr Otto Wipfel's 'Beginners Tutorial', and the ones for Consists etc.,
    at 'Steam4me Website', (both wonderful for beginners, thank you!).

Is this 'MSTS Activity Design Forum' that my post has been moved to
    the 'Activity Editor' section you are refering to?

Where-ever it is? Sure will make lots of use of it, it sounds great!
    I guess there isn't a 'Beginners Forum' here like on the 'UK Train Sim Forum', too bad!
    Thank You,
    bob

Bob,
    Yes, put all comments concerning activities here in the activity section. Read the first two sections of the Activity section and look through other postings as you will usually find answers to questions like you raised.

Bob Edwards

Thank you,
    Finding this whole section very helpful and just what is needed by a beginner, I'm making a seperate file up of the posts here to refer
    back to as needed.
    I'm looking through the posts to see what "step-by-steps" there are, would it be fair to request any?
    Thanks again,
    bob

Sure, you would just be joining 1000s of others who have made request. You will find questions get answered very quickly unless someone is away from their computer or have a medical emergency going. Several of the people on here are well up in years (I'm 71) and I try to get on here to answer questions when I can.

Bob Edwards