Thread: Help with RW tools consist

Default Help with RW tools consist

Downloaded the trial version of RW tools in hope that I would understand it's use. First I did not get a pd help file. The program cannot find it (yes I pathed my reader) and I could not find it in any of the installed files or folders. So I am going in a bit blind on this one.

I got lucky and figured out how to make a new consist after I set up the index.csv file so I made a new consist from the trainset I wanted and saved it.

I wanted to change a consist in a scenario and went into the scenario section and opened up the one I wanted to change.The consist I wanted to change was listed in the left window and below were some selections but none about finding another consist to change with. On the right window I found the correct folder for the units but nothing about the consist I previously saved so I selected the loco and cars again from the generated list and then could not find a way to change them for the current ones in the left window.

This is all very confusing and complex and if anyone could show me a simple way to change one consist for another I would be most grateful.

The help files are in the RWTools Directory. You can go there and open them if they don't show up on the RWTools Help Menu. They are in pdf format. I hope this helps you.
    Dave Horton

Killeen, TX

Thanks, I found out they were a separate download so I have them now. I am getting there but still have a problem. I swapped a train set in the scenario section after cloning and renaming the scenario but when loading it in game it crashes.

Was it a Freeroam or Standard Scenario?

I have been trying to change weather in Freeroams and Freeroam clones and the game crashes so
    I am guessing that you cannot change Freeroams or Freeroam clones.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

It was a standard scenario from the workshop.

I would run the scenario through RW_Tools

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)