Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Route Riter

I found the AMD103 loco at RAILSERVE.COM

Alex
    Last edited by Alswan; 11-17-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi Alex,
    The Route_Riter help document is available on this site : http://www.rstools.info/route_riter.html Scroll down the page to :
    Route-Riter supports the following languages then click on English. It is an old style Help file which needs a patch to run under Win 7 - do a Google search.
    I did as you suggested. I went to www.rstools and selected 'english' I then got the help file in HTML format. However when I selected a subject,still a blank page. You mentioned something about a patch to run in Win.7.What am I looking for?
    Thanks for your help !!
    Alex

Hi

the download is a zipped file and contains a CHM file, which is a Windows Help file.

To read the file in W7 you need a program, see here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607

or here

http://www.chmviewer.com/

I have not used the second one so please check for Malware.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Hi Daniel !

The 12.Sept.2008 - 4718KB CHM file I just downloaded will not show its content when clicked on in WIN-XP, saying that there is no Internet connection when in fact there is a live one !

But copied into the Route Riter folder it shows its content and works in both Route Riter folders in WIN-XP and WIN-7.

Take care, Otto.

Thank Daniel & Otto for your suggestions regarding CHM! I downloaded the chm.exe. it then asks me where I want to put it. Should I allow it be placed in 'PROGRAM FILESX86'; or somewhere in Route Riter? Thanks again for your suggestions!!

On another matter, I'd like your advise regarding MSTS bin. I went to the download site for MSTS bin, and saw a number of options to download (half a dozen or so) as well as a few packages. Which one should I download,and, should it go into my main MSTS folder?,or where should I put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alswan View Post
    Thank Daniel & Otto for your suggestions regarding CHM! I downloaded the chm.exe. it then asks me where I want to put it. Should I allow it be placed in 'PROGRAM FILESX86'; or somewhere in Route Riter? Thanks again for your suggestions!!

On another matter, I'd like your advise regarding MSTS bin. I went to the download site for MSTS bin, and saw a number of options to download (half a dozen or so) as well as a few packages. Which one should I download,and, should it go into my main MSTS folder?,or where should I put it?
    Earlier I re-downloaded the Route Riter still available from UK-TS and installed it into my WIN-7 computer drive G:\Route-Riter and have no problems it showing its HELP !

My Master of the last version of MSTSBin is available here:
    http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/downloads-various/mstsbin-master-1-8-0521.zip

Follow the instructions in its README to install it.

Mike Simpson kindly let me have this link on the subject of CHM Help files not being shown by his Route Riter when used in WIN-7:

http://superuser.com/questions/503812/how-to-unblock-chm-files-unblock-button-is-missing

Thanks Ottodad for your replies.
    I still have the zip file of CHM,and when running the application it shows the default path to .....PROGRAM FILES(X86). However it allows me to choose a diferent directory. Should I direct it to the main folder of Route Riter;or where should it go?

THANKS OTTO for the link to your MSTSBIN-MASTER file!!I read the instructions but still need a step by step instructions to install MSTS BIN. Am I correct to understand it this far?
    1. Make a copy of GUI folder of my MSTS
    2. Open zip folder and open Train Simulator folder.
    3. Run 'train aplication'.

From here I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Am I to direct it to the main MSTS folder-What?
    I'd appreciate your help Otto, and thanks again!!

Regarding Route Riter, I just opened "HOME PAGE" on Route Riter. I then scrolled down for the help files in various languages. I selected ENGLISH. The option of 'SAVE' and 'OPEN' was offered. I selected 'SAVE' It was downloaded in a zip folder. A window pops up showing you the location of your zip file folders. It allows you to put it in a directory of your choosing as well as "SAVE FILE TYPE AS" I guess I should save it as "ALL TYPES",right? Then, where should I put it?
    Should I put this file in the main Route Riter folder?
    Alex
    Last edited by Alswan; 11-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTTODAD View Post
    Hi Daniel !

The 12.Sept.2008 - 4718KB CHM file I just downloaded will not show its content when clicked on in WIN-XP, saying that there is no Internet connection when in fact there is a live one !

But copied into the Route Riter folder it shows its content and works in both Route Riter folders in WIN-XP and WIN-7.

Take care, Otto.
    Hi Otto,

thanks for your input, I checked mine on my W8.1 PC and it works too.

Best regards

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Thanks Daniel! This is what I wanted to know. I'll try that.
    Alex