Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CP AC4400's

A few more numbers to round out the set to 30.

9503 - Repaint into the current scheme

9657 - Repaint into the current scheme

9800 - Beaver with dashed frame stripe

9822 - Repaint

CEFX 1001 - UP Spec unit

The units should be going out for testing shortly.
    Last edited by CP9524; 09-19-2014 at 02:12 PM.

This will be a welcome addition for making activities on the Rogers Pass huswap and Mactier routes and Kicking Horse Pass as well. Nice job any idea when up into the file library?

Keep up the fantastic work

Thanks Poochwilly

The set has been uploaded and should be in the library within the next few days. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Thank you
    Glenn Duba
    Cinnaminson, NJ

Many thanks for the great set of diesels. Much appreciated.
    I notice on your version of number 9629 that it has Hi-Ad trucks. In some pictures I have seen on the net there are pictures of #9629 with "self steering" trucks and some show it with Hi-Ad trucks. Did it have self steering trucks originally? and was it converted? I thought the only ac4400cws with Hi-Ad trucks were in the 9500 number range.

regards Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TGM View Post
    Many thanks for the great set of diesels. Much appreciated.
    I notice on your version of number 9629 that it has Hi-Ad trucks. In some pictures I have seen on the net there are pictures of #9629 with "self steering" trucks and some show it with Hi-Ad trucks. Did it have self steering trucks originally? and was it converted? I thought the only ac4400cws with Hi-Ad trucks were in the 9500 number range.

regards Tom
    Tom, you are correct that the only AC4400's delivered with Hi-Ad trucks were 9500-9582, while the rest of the fleet was delivered with the self-steering trucks. That being said, a few units in the 9500s and 9600s have had their steerable trucks changed to Hi-Ad trucks. In the case of 9629, it was retrucked in November 2006. The other units that have been retrucked are 9586, 9608, and 9624.
    Last edited by CP9524; 11-10-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks for that. That is what I thought must have happened. I don't suppose you would know why they changed out the trucks?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TGM View Post
    Thanks for that. That is what I thought must have happened. I don't suppose you would know why they changed out the trucks?

Tom
    I don't know the exact reason why those four units were retrucked. However the self-steering trucks were found to be more expensive to maintain than the Hi-Ads, so that might have something to do with it.

Could do. Thank you.

Tom