Page 1 of 29 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackfoot / Vegreville Version 3

Default Blackfoot / Vegreville Version 3

Trying to stay as real as possible with this massive re-construction of the route. Completion date might be sometime in 2016. So...doing some comparisons to give the general idea of the remake. This is CN Bresaylor Sdg, west of Delmas, Saskatchewan just south of the newly twinned Yellowhead Highway 16. Shot faces westward.

Google Earth
    Last edited by tie; 08-13-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Rory

Nice!
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS .........
    On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

...... Eschew Obsfucation .........

I really love this route upgrade the more pictures I see of it

Thanks. And to think I first developed this route back in 2002/03. Ted Kocyla then upgraded it after me and now........well...
    I really shouldn't post an end date. Who knows it may never get done. Its a good hobby to work on though. Beats clogging up the basement with N or HO scale setups
    Rory

The more pictures I see, the more it reminds me of rural midwest US - Illinois, Indiana, Eastern Kansas. The first thing I'm going to do is to run a long freight pulled by a brace of IC "Death Star" SD70's from DW!

Great Job, Rory! Let's hope you get it finished before OR comes along with their new "Whiz-Bang" route editor and you lose it after all those long nights fighting with the MSTS editor! :-)
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Loving it Rory - CAN'T WAIT!
    I agree with Larry, as I already envision it as a stand-in for the my Illinois Fictional Railroads.

Have fun,
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

What they said!!

I loved this route from the moment I downloaded it, this was "state of the art" as far as I am concerned, as to the update, that just made a good route even better!

Definitely waiting to see the full re-install!!

Yup, Saskatchewan and Central Eastern Alberta are pretty much like Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Oklahoma etc. Pretty flat.....not much to see.
    "But there's lots to see...nothing to block your view"
    Rory

Looks great so far Rory! And is great when you can get a Earth view and position yourself in RE to compare. Hard to tell if it's 'live' or Memorex with your pic's.

It won't be the best route out there, but I'm giving it my best shot with what I have. 4 days and I'm STILL working between Delmas and Paynton lol. So that gives you an idea of just how far I have to go to reach East Edmonton/Fort Saskatchewan and the Scotford yard. Not doing Cloverbar, way too complicated and large. Stopping at the Fort I think.
    Rory