Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Brakes and Shuswap route

Default Dynamic Brakes and Shuswap route

After appling the dynamics, when I reach a flat track and release them then apply power, all the indications in the cab show power to the wheels but the train still rolls to a halt!

Nothing I do will intice it to start again.

Has anyone had the same problem?

John

Did some mishap trip you into emergency (blow a red signal) or TCS Full Service Braking (overspeed)?
    Happen on the same spot repeatedly?
    Have you looked at the F5 HUD to see what the braking status was when this happened?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Did some mishap trip you into emergency (blow a red signal)-No, no signal near at any time

TCS Full Service Braking (overspeed)-No, didn't do that either

Happen on the same spot repeatedly-It happens everywhere, in all scenarios

Have you looked at the F5 HUD to see what the braking status was when this happened-Yes, F5 with the braking state shown (Shift F5) shows all brakes released

John

Hi John,

Try a different engine!
    I'd suggest an engine that has been proved that the dynamics do in fact work correctly.

The default Dash 9 dynamics do work okay on my OR installation. Right . . . no 'proof' but others may suggest one that they 'know' works.
    regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by GuyGibson View Post
    After appling the dynamics, when I reach a flat track and release them then apply power, all the indications in the cab show power to the wheels but the train still rolls to a halt!

Nothing I do will intice it to start again.

Has anyone had the same problem?
    John
    I have just run downhill on dynamics with the westbound coal and transitioned back to power with no problems. I suggest you try it again, and take a screenshot of the F5 HUD information at the point where your train is slowing down with power on. Post that here for us to look at.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Default Screenshots

Open Rails 2016-12-26 10-39-23.jpgOpen Rails 2016-12-26 10-39-25.jpg

Hi,

These are from my Westbound Coal and as you can see, although the brakes (Friction and Dynamic) are off, the train is still slowing and continued to do so until it stopped.

John

Those shots are too small to read, so cant see what is happening.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Here, I would like to ask one question. I play Indian Routes in Open Rails and have trouble with activities that involve Loco Reversal.
    How do we uncouple the Loco? If I do this with F9, Loco is uncoupled but brakes are applied, which prevent Loco to accelerate forward or backward. Please guide about the complete procedure.

Launchy

Launchy,
    I'd suggest starting your own thread instead of piggybacking onto another thread and subject altogether.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I'm having the same issue. I release the dynamics and I'm not able to get power. The train will coast to a stop. All indicators show the dynamics are released. The amps increase to show power is applied. I'm not in emergency braking. I was using an NS SD70M. I even swapped the engine file with same parameters as the NS engine from another engine and still same results.
    Last edited by Claude350; 01-02-2017 at 05:06 PM.