Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trackside Trash

Default Trackside Trash

Hello,
    If any MSTS/OR users happened to see Marc's (Hack) post in the "RW/TS2015-TS2017 General" forum, re: trashing his route, how awesome would it be to have either transfer files or shape/textures (variations like Marc's) to scatter about along proper areas of route track.
    Wow, did that add a very missing component to realistic looking ROW's. Would be a fantastic addition for MSTS/OR, for those with the talent to create that kind of stuff

Great job Marc!

Thanks to all,
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I agree Neil, it looks great and we need something like that. I was thinking transfers and my wheels are turning, just no time right now..
    Jim

Transfers yes, they would be good for "smashed stuff" on the ground, but objects would bring out some depth, like the boxes in Marc's screenshots.
    I don't know how to create either, so as usual, at the mercy of the talents of the community.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Tried a transfer, but then it only shows on the terrain, none on the track, so that idea got trashed
    Jim

Jim, Maybe this idea could sprout into something useful? https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...es-on-one-face

Robert

Robert, I had read that at ET also. It's a little over my head, it seems to me if you changed the texture for the track shape then it would be on every piece of track using that shape?? or my simple mind doesn't understand it correctly..
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    Robert, I had read that at ET also. It's a little over my head, it seems to me if you changed the texture for the track shape then it would be on every piece of track using that shape?? or my simple mind doesn't understand it correctly..
    Yes, which would likely cause issues for other MSTS routes requiring that shape (OR will simply log the error into the error.txt).
    Cheers!
    Marc - 3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

This is prime opportunity for an enhanced forest object that can do multiple shapes/textures within a single region... even better if we could dispense with the cruciform and use a real shapefile...

I'm sure a shape file would be the best solution, beyond my abilities at this time
    Jim

I suppose if someone gets me a picture of something, I suppose I could make some of these things (the ROWs are pretty clean around here). Since the shapes probably aren't all that complex