Thread: uninstalling and installing ts2017 on different laptops

Default uninstalling and installing ts2017 on different laptops

I am getting a new laptop. I want to uninstall steam and ts2017 on my old laptop and then install steam and ts2017 on my new laptop.

I have a basic question:

do I uninstall steam and ts 2017 from my old laptop first and then install steam and ts2017 on my new laptop?

this tech dummy thanks anybody for some info on this..........

If you have non steam add-ons in your current version of TS I would leave it until you have installed it on your new laptop. Then transfer your non steam add-ons via a usb memory stick. Anyway if you don't have any add-ons it doesn't really matter.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

You can have Steam installed on as many PC's as you own, the limiting factor is you can only use your account on one at a time.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    You can have Steam installed on as many PC's as you own, the limiting factor is you can only use your account on one at a time.
    so, if I install steam on my new laptop, will ts2017 and all my dlc be on it too?

thanks for any info.......

Quote Originally Posted by goneon66 View Post
    so, if I install steam on my new laptop, will ts2017 and all my dlc be on it too?

thanks for any info.......

So long as you go into your games library and install TS2017, the core game and any official DLC will download. Third party add-ons or freeware will need to be installed manually from the relevant discs/downloads etc.
    Vern.

ah, thanks gents. much appreciated......