Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the TSW release

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Maybe we're getting somewhere with this then and it's not the loco physics which are wrong but an issue with the trailing load. That would explain the severe drag on starting the train,.......either the train is too heavy (an extra digit in the code perhaps) or the rolling resistance calculations are wrong.
    What seems to bear this out, Vern, is a small Scenario involving 1xGP38 and 3xcoal hoppers.
    The Geep by itself - no acceleration or deceleration dramas.
    But after loading the three hoppers, the throttle had to be gunned just to get the little consist moving.
    Felt more like thirteen laden hoppers...not three.
    Last edited by seagoon; 03-21-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Maybe we're getting somewhere with this then and it's not the loco physics which are wrong but an issue with the trailing load. That would explain the severe drag on starting the train, down to 15 MPH with the GP38's and stalling with the AC's. Looks like that's where DTG need to start looking - either the train is too heavy (an extra digit in the code perhaps) or the rolling resistance calculations are wrong.
    What bothers me Vern, is DTG released it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    .....But after loading the three hoppers......
    Was the hand brake on the hoppers released after you coupled up Bruce?
    Intel i7 7700K 4.5 Ghz - Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming 7 - 32 Gb 3400 Mhz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1080 8 Gb 1860 Mhz - Samsung SSD 960 Evo 500 Gb - Corsair H100i V2 - Win 10 Home 64

I used the [\] shortcut...so assumed they were released.
    Or maybe that only released the loco's h/brake?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Frame rates are terrible to say the least even at the medium setting. Based on my specs graphics were set to the high mode. 10 to 15 FPS was all I could muster Didn't see any Rail Driver support. Medium settings were no better. Tired of the sim already and regret spending the 39 dollars for it. Unless there are major improvements it will sit dormant for a good while.

21 hours in and I'm liking it more and more

Physics problems ... yup there are

I don't have too many FPS issues other than a loaded yard on the hump end.

Only issue I'm really having is I'm tired of seeing CSX blue

��

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

I think too many people are relying on the frame rates. I have a feeling that the frame rate reading is not reliable. I think people should not worry about it but more on how smooth the game is running. I'm doing a scenario in the snow and it is running smoothly so decided to check the fps and was amazed that it was between 15 and 19 fps.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=888463794

Pretty sure I was supposed to stop before that

Anyways it seems blowing a restricted signal DOES NOT end your scenario immediately ( which I like )

BUT

It does mess with AI traffic

If I waited for the train departing Cumberland I would still be sitting outside the unit 3 days later.

There are save / restarting issues as well

I've probably got 30 hours of game time with only 21 being accounted for by Steam

What I've learned

If you don't have time to complete the scenario / service / tutorial without saving, maybe find something else to do.

I've had no issues on runs I do from start to finish.

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

What is that second reading...the one below fps?
    Is it mips per second?

Quote Originally Posted by CPR_Malice_96th View Post
    If you don't have time to complete the scenario / service / tutorial without saving, maybe find something else to do.
    Huh?
    Sort of defeats the purpose of the save function, doesn't it?

I've not played this in the past 24 hours; for me it has too many cons and not enough pros.