Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TSW Freezing on start up

Default TSW Freezing on start up

Hi all,

I hope someone on the forums can help me please with an issue I am having with TSW in that the game freezes at the start when I hear the message "welcome to train-sim world". My screen goes blank but I can still hear the guy speaking. The only way out is to restart my computer. I have reinstalled the game twice now and verified the cache after each install but no luck. I have also excluded it from being scanned by my bit-defender 2017 anti-virus software on starting. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and have my screen resolution set at 2560-1440.

regards Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TGM View Post
    Hi all,

I hope someone on the forums can help me please with an issue I am having with TSW in that the game freezes at the start when I hear the message "welcome to train-sim world". My screen goes blank but I can still hear the guy speaking. The only way out is to restart my computer. I have reinstalled the game twice now and verified the cache after each install but no luck. I have also excluded it from being scanned by my bit-defender 2017 anti-virus software on starting. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and have my screen resolution set at 2560-1440.

regards Tom
    Your best bet ... try the steam forums or if you are on FB message them. They actually respond pretty quickly ( especially on FB )

Other than that nope, I have not had that issue sorry

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Thanks for your responses fellas. I'll give their support a go.

regards Tom

Have you tried the old chestnut from other Steam games - refreshing the game cache, i.e. in case a file has corrupted?

The other thing Tom with these sorts of issues you need to state your computer specs, CPU, GPU and RAM although judging by your screen resolution you have reasonable hardware. Maybe try lowering the settings a tad?
    Vern.

an issue I am having with TSW in that the game freezes at the start when I hear the message "welcome to train-sim world". My screen goes blank but I can still hear the guy speaking. The only way out is to restart my computer.
    regards Tom
    I get this when my game starts every time, the question is Tom, how long are you waiting for, before pressing CTRL_ALT_DELETE to exit the game, you need to wait about 20-30 seconds at least, sometimes longer, it doesn't work quickly, DTG have a habit of giving you a blank screen for much longer than is necessary, but, you just have to be patient at times.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. (Steve)
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    I get this when my game starts every time, the question is Tom, how long are you waiting for, before pressing CTRL_ALT_DELETE to exit the game, you need to wait about 20-30 seconds at least, sometimes longer
    I wonder if the delay is caused by TSW 'unpaking ' that assets file? Those with faster processors and hard drives would presumably need to wait for a shorter time.

I'm 64bit on both BUT I wouldn't have even considered this as being the issue

Tim K - VIA Rail Canada 🇨🇦 Western Region

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have taken so long to respond. (time zone difference) I just got an e-mail from DTG requesting I send them my DxDiag.txt file which I have now done.
    Things I have done myself to try and sort this out are:
    1) Verify game cache. As mentioned above + reinstall.
    2) Left it running while frozen for over 2 minutes. No luck (but still had game sound). I cannot get any keyboard buttons to work and have to reset\restart so could not use Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
    3) Lowed the screen resolution to 1980 x 1080. No luck.

My full specs are:

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition X79 E-ATX Quad Channel LGA2011 Motherboard
    Intel Ivy Bridge-E Core i7 4960X 3.6Ghz 15MB LGA2011
    Mushkin Redline Ridgeback 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-1866 CL9 (994105)
    ASUS RAIDR Express 240GB PCIe SSD
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD2003FZEX 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3
    Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3
    ASUS GTX780TI-3GD5 GeForce GTX780 Ti 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E3.0 x 2
    Corsair Hydro Series H90 140mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    SilverStone Strider Gold ST1000-G 1000W Modular PSU 80Plus Gold
    ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27” 165Hz ISP 2560X1440, nVidia G-Sync LED Monitor
    ASUS 12x Blu-ray Writer
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe Fatal1ty Pro Series
    Altec Lansing THX MX5021 speakers with sub woofer 2.1
    Cooler Master Haf X full tower case

regards Tom

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have taken so long to respond. (time zone difference) I just got an e-mail from DTG requesting I send them my DxDiag.txt file which I have now done.
    Hardware's great....but what OS are you running, Tom?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Hardware's great....but what OS are you running, Tom?
    Please see my first post.

regards Tom