Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRS22 Platinum Edition (includes Surveyor 2 and HD terrain).

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRS22 Platinum Edition (includes Surveyor 2 and HD terrain).

Now shipping with Surveyor 2.0, our new world building tools! TELL ME MORE ABOUT SURVEYOR 2.0 Enjoy brand new exclusive features and experience new content first! HD terrain introduces Tessellation which dynamically adds and removes polygons from the terrain. You get ultra-detail up close and better performance in the

$69.99 (£55) They sell you the game for ever and give you one year Plus Standard membership to go with it.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Not really a good deal if you already paid £55 (or in my case £31) for TRS22, really is a case of double dipping. Should have been available as an upgrade option bearing in mind they haven't changed the overall title - say £20. I'll continue plugging away in the original TRS22.
    Vern.

Comment

I don't need PE, Vern. As i have my Gold membership enabled.
      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Subscription not for me, Mike. Only doing a few model based projects, most of which end up binned so not worth upgrading via either path at full price. Hopefully in a few months PE will be going for under £30 in a sale on Steam (probably when N3V release TRS25! ).
        Vern.

Comment

Fair play Vern, subs not for everyone. Works for me because i am always installing and uninstalling routes. Most of which if they are any good, use assets from the DLC on the Content Store. Gold, gives me full access to everything in the store. It's also only £12.99 a month or even cheaper if i decided to pay annually. I could waste more than that in a day, buying stuff for other train games.

Mike.
          Yma O Hyd

Comment

Just reading on the N3V forum, 22PE does not seem to be without issues.

The floating spline bug (previously eliminated with TANE) is back if you use HD terrain.

HD terrain massively increases route sizes, beyond the 1Gb cap for upload to the DLS.

Transdem textures do not work with HD terrain and from a link to Roland's forum, appears N3V blanked him as regards adapting the programme to work better with TRS19 onwards, but at the same time do not offer any built in solution for importing real world data.

To misquote from Fallout 4... "N3V, N3V never changes"!

Definitely not paying £55 for that or even hiring it for a month or two.
            Vern.

Comment

N3V never changes and neither does DTG, Vern. Both are a complete waste of space. I am not joined at the hip to either of them, unlike some of the pathetic fanbois on their respective forums.

Mike.
              Yma O Hyd

Comment

This is a better offer than we've had in the past, but NV3 still seems clueless in the way of pricing.

The subscription needs to be substantially cheaper than the last selling price of the product.

Adobe Photoshop went from a $600 one time purchase to $120/year

They need to make trainz plus like $30 a year.
                Trainz plus gold is probably ok at it's $130 a year, as you're getting a lot of content with a perceived value there,

The problem with the $70 trainz plus price is it anchors things all wrong in the minds of the consumer, even for Gold.

Comment

Well, I'm confused by the sale and that's on par for me.

So if you compare the Platinum to Plus the only difference I see is you don't get the HD terrain with Platinum. But you get it with Plus so technically, you get the HD anyway, at least for awhile? So what's the point of getting Platinum? BTW, the Plus option is even more confusing to me because you get the editor 2 and the HD terrain, but you get the Platinum too which doesn't have the HD terrain. Does this not confuse you guys? Which prevails? If you ask me I think Platinum is just another tease to get someone into the Plus subscription.

Comment

These are all fair statements.

The motive is clear: get people onto a subscription model.

I can't blame them, funding development is much easier when you have recurring revenue.

But you're spot on
                    The deal is basically
                    Buy platinum (the lowest version) and get a better version for a year as a teaser.

By the way the other difference between platinum and the subscriptions, in addition to the HD terrain, is also the multi user editor mode in surveyor2, if I'm understanding correctly, with Platinum, you're limited to editing a few routes that N3V hosts, I believe with the subscription you can work on your own routes with a friend.

It also seems that if one were to build a route using HD terrain, that's only really going to look good if someone else is a trainz subscriber.
                    I did read the route will be backwards compatible, but as soon as it's opened on a non-subscription version, all the HD stuff gets stripped out of the file.
                    There are likely some nuances I've missed here.

- Jack

Comment

I appreciate that info Jack, didn't see that other stuff you mentioned. - Rich

Comment

Working...
                      X