• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSW Main South - Bethungra Spiral - WeddinNSW - Merge

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post

Mike.
    I know this is one of those routes that someone else produced and you aren't responsible for this one, but it's bothering me as to where this is supposed to be. VERY familiar with that area, and there is nowhere that has a turntable in that part of the yard. Harden would be close, but it's on the wrong side of the track, facing the wrong direction and ripped out over 40 years prior.
    - Chris N.
    So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people... and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?

Comment

Blayney station is in the background, if that helps at all.

Mike.
      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Blayney isn't even on the same line as Bethungra. Blayney is on the Main Western Line, and Bethungra is on the Main Southern.

I get that there was a merge, but the route must be HUGE (even Trumpian proportions can't begin to describe just HOW "yuge") in order for Blayney and Bethungra to be in the same route and be done "to scale".
        - Chris N.
        So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet, to see the king of the potato people... and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?

Comment

Originally posted by tarrant75 View Post
          Blayney isn't even on the same line as Bethungra......
          Think of it as quasi-realistic, or "factional", then you won't break into a sweat thinking about it.
          IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

It's all done to scale and not only does it include Blayney and Bethungra. But all of the Main South and VR NE, down to Seymour.

From just north of Junee.

I still haven't merged the VR Goulburn Lines route in yet, north of Seymour.

Oh ye of little faith Bruce, i am surprised at you

Mike.
            Yma O Hyd

Comment

Oh ye of little faith Bruce, i am surprised at you

Mike.
              Comment was directed to Chris N., Mike.
              Just in case.
              IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Yup i know Bruce, only joshing buddy

Mike.
                Yma O Hyd

Comment

Comment

Looks a bit Run 8ish.

(I'll get my coat)

Kind regards,
                    Dave
                    Avidly simming on the rails:
                    Currently operating Run 8 and TSW3

Comment

Naaaaaa, better graphics than R8, Dave.

Far more playability than TSC or TSW3.

Mike.
                      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Naaaaaa, better graphics than R8, Dave.

Far more playability than TSC or TSW3.

Mike.
                        Agreed on both counts and certainly with regards to the graphics in Trainz. You only have to look at Phil's (Skene) work to appreciate just how beautiful Trainz can appear.

Comment

Spot on Bruce and with the new hi-res terrain in beta test. A big shift in how much quality is possible.

Then The Living Railway will make a huge difference to session flexibility.

Mike.
                          Yma O Hyd

Comment

Australia has a rich history of railroading, so why is there little 'coverage' (routes/rolling stock) by rail simulators (I'm looking primarily at Auran and DTG here, especially Auran)? I quite appreciate the above screen shots btw, kidding aside.

Kind regards,
                            Dave
                            Avidly simming on the rails:
                            Currently operating Run 8 and TSW3

Comment

Trainz is largely let down by the age of the traction and rolling stock, much of which is aliased to the ancient default cabs and sounds.

With a bit of work you can get routes looking pretty good and realistic these days (IMHO better than Run 8 but not as good as TSC or TSW). The main let down continues to be the lack of a decent player train experience, whether that's running to an actual timetable or scenario or not having to also act as the signaller/despatcher as you go. Even R8 lifted itself out of that one.
                              Vern.

Comment

Working...
                              X