X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pick up a guard"

this somtimes occurs at the start of UK route scenarios.I have no clue what it means.Can anyone tell me what Pick up a guard means?

The UK equivalent of a caboose is called a guard van. So they are being told to add a caboose.
    Joe Morris, OVSRails Vice President
    OVSRails Engineer #2
    OVSRails
    OVSRails Forums

Comment

Originally posted by smiljacc18 View Post
      this sometimes occurs at the start of UK route scenarios.I have no clue what it means.Can anyone tell me what Pick up a guard means?
      Which particular TS-2013 UK route and what scenario ?

O t t o

Web site: www.otto-wipfel.co.uk

Comment

It was Portsmouth direct line "Hightail to the Harbour"the very first message when the scenario loads

Comment

Originally posted by smiljacc18 View Post
          this somtimes occurs at the start of UK route scenarios.I have no clue what it means.Can anyone tell me what Pick up a guard means?
          Guard would refer to the Conductor aka Senior Conductor aka Train Manager, i.e. the guy on a non driver-only service who checks the doors are open, collects fares/checks tickets and responsible for the on board management.

It is some years since UK freight trains have run with a "Guard's Van" on the rear, the majority being DOO operated with ground staff being provided as necessary at yards or sidings.
          Vern.

Comment

Working...
          X