Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortliner
    replied
    While they may not be tutorials, I would advise in putting in Pikes Signals .lua for the simple fact that there are notes in there that explains which line of code does what.

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    added the signal tutorial by Tim McIntosh in the download section.

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    Originally posted by Evictoria
    O.T. Coincidentally, one of the tutorials Mike just mentioned covers creating your own Asset folder on its first page.... http://www.rstools.info/tutorials/Se...0a%20Route.pdf

Tori
    ...how did I miss that?! only helps me half way though

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    I myself would like to see someone make a tutorial on how to make a assest folder to put content and how to change the scripting on reskins to make them work. (I tried to do this with my Overnight reskin but couldn't make it work) also mabey we can have a mod sticky this as this thread may be helpful to new users.

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    ooh more

Originally posted by MikeSimpson View Post
    I have placed several RailWorks tutorials on my RW_Tools site at http://www.rstools.info

The tutorials are listed in the left hand column on the home page and are:-

Swapping rolling stock in consists
    Using Markers in RailWorks
    Setting up a new route
    Removing electrification
    Replacing track
    Reskinning scenery objects
    Reskinning & Packaging default rolling stock

I hope some people may find them useful.

Mike
    thank yoo added those to the list

Leave a comment:

• MikeSimpson
    replied
    I have placed several RailWorks tutorials on my RW_Tools site at http://www.rstools.info

The tutorials are listed in the left hand column on the home page and are:-

Swapping rolling stock in consists
    Using Markers in RailWorks
    Setting up a new route
    Removing electrification
    Replacing track
    Reskinning scenery objects
    Reskinning & Packaging default rolling stock

I hope some people may find them useful.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    Originally posted by styckx View Post
    It is indeed easy to texture.. Hard to texture good though. I'm a layer freak and cluster up layers like a 10 year old collecting baseball cards. Every piece I paint gets its own new layer copied from the base layer. I don't trust undo to save my life. I'm still learning as I go though. Every repaint is a different monster to tame. What worked perfect in one may give you completely different results in another.

Oh and let's not forget this one either.

http://www.3dtrains.com/guides/painting/
    tis true though I am not as bad with the layers though

thank you I have been trying to find this tutorial for a while now as it deals with weathering.

Leave a comment:

• styckx
    replied
    Originally posted by marr5 View Post
    Thank you they have been added to the Downloadable Tutorial section.

Texturing is easy once you figure it out. though I think I will break the tutorials up into diffrent sections for ease.
    It is indeed easy to texture.. Hard to texture good though. I'm a layer freak and cluster up layers like a 10 year old collecting baseball cards. Every piece I paint gets its own new layer copied from the base layer. I don't trust undo to save my life. I'm still learning as I go though. Every repaint is a different monster to tame. What worked perfect in one may give you completely different results in another.

Oh and let's not forget this one either.

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatNortherner View Post
    Hi,

Some more for the collection:

RS Route Setup, Marker, And Terrain Tutorial

(Tutorial created for RS, but the process is almost identical in RW)

Fast and Accurate Marker Creation

A tutorial in 11 pictures: How to set up markers for RailWorks - fast, accurate and everywhere in the world.

Export a SketchUp Model to RailWorks

A tutorial in 27 pictures: How to export a textured (simple) SketchUp model to 3DCanvas and subsequently to RailWorks. Requires some knowledge of how to use 3DCanvas.

Cheers!
    Michael
    Thank you they have been added to the Downloadable Tutorial section.

Awesome you're going to do one for the texturing part. I can even fathom trying to explain the 30 layer mess I create when I'm in my repainting mind frame. Look forward to it.
    Texturing is easy once you figure it out. though I think I will break the tutorials up into diffrent sections for ease.

Leave a comment:

• GreatNortherner
    replied
    Hi,

Some more for the collection:

RS Route Setup, Marker, And Terrain Tutorial

(Tutorial created for RS, but the process is almost identical in RW)

Fast and Accurate Marker Creation

A tutorial in 11 pictures: How to set up markers for RailWorks - fast, accurate and everywhere in the world.

Export a SketchUp Model to RailWorks

A tutorial in 27 pictures: How to export a textured (simple) SketchUp model to 3DCanvas and subsequently to RailWorks. Requires some knowledge of how to use 3DCanvas.

Cheers!
    Michael

Leave a comment:

• styckx
    replied
    no! no! The more tutorials the better! I think that is one thing a lot of people don't like about RW is a lack of Tutorials. I myself am going to be making a Reskining tutorial but it would be more focused on painting, textureing, and weathering then loading the model.
    Awesome you're going to do one for the texturing part. I can even fathom trying to explain the 30 layer mess I create when I'm in my repainting mind frame. Look forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    Originally posted by styckx View Post
    I guess I should delete the tutorial I just posted? I had no idea this other one existed.
    no! no! The more tutorials the better! I think that is one thing a lot of people don't like about RW is a lack of Tutorials. I myself am going to be making a Reskining tutorial but it would be more focused on painting, textureing, and weathering then loading the model.

Leave a comment:

• CBF
    replied
    Hi! I just checked out the Tutorial for Scenario/Set a stop at instruction. The explanation is correct, but very basic. It does not continue with the best instruction on how to set way points (pass through or stop at) over a fairly long route, where the markers are not within easy reach from the scenario marker.

This is just one point, and I am sure that there are many others examples with each Tutorial. IMO, the tutorials are just too basic. Cheers; Chuck F.

Leave a comment:

• styckx
    replied
    So it seems to me that a lot of people are saying that there is a lack of easy to understand tutorials. I know that we have an online wiki but I have seen people say that it can be hard to understand. What Good tutorials already exist? post a link and I will add it to the list. Also what tutorials do people want to see? I might make a couple of tutorials myself but they will be focused around Reskins and importing models into RW.

KNOWN TUTORIALS
    -------------------

RailWorks Wiki
    - http://www.railsimdownloads.com/wiki/tiki-index.php

General RW
    - http://railsimulator.blip.tv/

Reskining
    - https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=266974
    - https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?t=292657
    I guess I should delete the tutorial I just posted? I had no idea this other one existed here. I swore I read that on UKTS.

Leave a comment:

• marr5
    replied
    thank you Hack added that one to the list as well as - Tutorial: Preperation for a repaint by styckx.
    Shortliner I have no idea how to use signels but mabey someone can pick this up as a project?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X