X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Foreman Dan Hernandez............"

If I hear this man's name mentioned one more time I'm going to scream!
    Union Pacific not only has him working on the Barstow-San Bernadino route but he also pops up on the Donner Pass.

Is there any way to get this employee transferred?
    In other words, is it possible to modify/remove/silence the 2-way radio conversations in which Foreman Dan's name is on the shortest loop that was ever created?

BK
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

He's on the Horseshoe curve route as well.

Comment

I think he first popped up on HC?

Must have a lot of twin brothers...

Not sure what file suppresses the radio chatter, just a shame having introduced the feature RSC didn't come up with more variety.

I think the Russian freeware locos have the feature too, but 1. Unless you speak Russian you can't understand the dialogue and 2. At least one of the voices is a sultry maiden (in reality probably a 16 stone chain smoking shot putter!).

Maybe it is loco related then, rather than a feature of the route.
      Vern.

Comment

Do a search for radio in the RSC assets folder and you will find chatter DAV files in the Audio folders of some of their locos, using the same radio chatter sounds as their DASH-9.

There are also 2 radio locos in the Kuju\RailSimulatorUS\Audio folder but use a different chatter.

Renaming the DAV file extension to OFF or replacing one type with the renamed one of another is what I would do.

I also use this method to change horn sounds I do not like with others or change or turn OFF other sounds which go on my nerves, like some of the irritating high pitched sounds of running locos engines.

However, I do not mind the chatter as I can not understand what they are saying anyway and is just background noise !

You can listen to DAV files using this utility below which is in the File Library.

O t t o

Web site: www.otto-wipfel.co.uk

Comment

I too have gotten tired of the same conversation. I listen to www.railroadradio.net which gives me live interaction between dispatcher and engineer.

Comment

There are many radio chatter WAV files to be found in trainsim file libraries downloads which can be converted to DAV files using the DavDecoder.exe, but listening to them is monotonous and repetitive and the only one I tolerate is the one on the RSC Dash-9.

But not driving in the cab of a loco most of the time I do not hear it anyway.

O t t o

Comment

So I merged a number of WAV files into one using GoldWave and then converted it to DAV.

A bit to loud ? Volume can be adjusted with GoldWave and Silence added to space out the repeating chatter.

Not of interest to me but could be to others. Let me know if anybody wants my radio chatter which can be used to replace any existing, in my example using it with the RSC Dash-9 !

Now it were to play the Blue Danube Waltz then that might be different but not if it goes on and on !

What is needed it a Toggle key to turn the chatter on and off again.

O t t o

Comment

@ Otto: That is a good one Otto. Will be perfect for my route since the recording is from this area around Spokane, WA on BNSF.

@ NorthernWarrior, As a former regular visitor to Russia, I can tell you that the age of "shot putter" women in that country, at least in the cities, are long gone. That is a memory from the distant past, and often built upon by our Western media's bias. One visit to Moscow today and you will be amazed and immediately smitten (in a good way)! I suggest you download the animated-station figures that are on the Russian site for use in your routes. I think they are located in their "scenery section", which is quite appropriate. You will see what I mean. One of these may even be the dispatcher, sitting out on a break. You can at least imagine so.

Doug

Intel i7-2600K 3.4 Ghz, nVidia GTX-560 1 mb superclocked, Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 MB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz DDR3 RAM 16 GB, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Cooler Master GeminII Air Cooling

Comment

Alright ! Just for you !

Have reduced the volume a bit and added a silence patch to the end of it to create a pause in between repeats.

Have borrowed Marc Nelson's radio chatter WAVs to merge into mine and hope that he does not mind.

Cheers, Marc !

O t t o

Comment

Thanks for that, Otto.
                    The rest of the radio chatter is fine as it is just unintelligible background noise with a few FM squelches and squeaks thrown in.
                    But every 20 seconds or so, that bloody voice keeps mentioning Dan Hernandez!

BK
                    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
                      ......At least one of the voices is a sultry maiden (in reality probably a 16 stone chain smoking shot putter!).....
                      And that would tend to gel with the mental image vs the real thing when it comes to those, ahem......risqué phone services, for want of a better term.

Not that I know from first-hand experience of course. Just working on what I've read and seen.

BK

Comment

Geez, I thought I was the only one who was being driven nuts by "Foreman Dan Hernandez". It was to the point that I wouldn't even drive engines with the default radio chatter in them any more. Guess I should just take it out.

Comment

Of course he's on many routes, he's actually a team...
                          The four-man Dan Hernandez team.

*runs*

Comment

Originally posted by chacal View Post
                            Of course he's on many routes, he's actually a team...
                            The four-man Dan Hernandez team.

*runs*

HeHeHe! That's a good one! Dan and his team are always eliminated by me after every RW3 update from STEAM.

Comment

Originally posted by OTTODAD View Post
                              Alright ! Just for you !

Have reduced the volume a bit and added a silence patch to the end of it to create a pause in between repeats.

O t t o
                              Thanks Otto, nice sounds.
                              But I think there's a typo in a folder name.
                              In your zip file the path is Railworks\Assets\RCS\Dash9Pack01\Audio\RailVehicles\Diesel\Dash9\Cab
                              I think it should be RSC, not RCS.

Comment

Working...
                              X