Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 steam questions

I have 2 questions regarding steam:

1. I just opened steam and at the bottom it says "no connection" BUT I am connected to the internet. is the issue on steam's end or do I need to do something?

2. I have logged into steam BUT I cant find the option to log out. how do I log out of steam?

thanks for any assistance.......

Looks like Steam is out of action at the moment as I cannot connect either.

Actually I don't think you need too as when you exit Steam it automatically logs out for you.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Comment

Originally posted by Flybyme View Post
      Looks like Steam is out of action at the moment as I cannot connect either.

Actually I don't think you need too as when you exit Steam it automatically logs out for you.
      thanks for the info. so, IF steam is down, I cant use ts2014?

Comment

Originally posted by goneon66 View Post
        thanks for the info. so, IF steam is down, I cant use ts2014?

You should be able to; I use TS2014 all the time without even being connected to the internet.

Comment

This seems to be an ongoing issue with TS2014 in Steam (doesn't affect other games I play such as Skyrim or Deus Ex HR).

If you get the error message blaming your Internet connection, try starting your Steam client seperately then run TS2014 from within your list of available games. Should start okay then.
          Vern.

Comment

When I tried to connect to Steam a box came up asking me to retry by entering my password or to play off line. Yes you can play TS2014 off line.
            Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Comment

The Steam web site is down at the moment, also reported in GOOGLE posts, but you should be able to run TS-2014 off-line by selecting that option, after disconnecting your computer from the Internet.

Web site: www.otto-wipfel.co.uk

Comment

thanks very much for the info everybody........

Comment

Steam is working fine when starting Skyrim. As I said, it seems to be a TS2014 >>> Steam Launcher issue that generates that particular error message.
                  Vern.

Comment

Most times when that message comes up just select cancel and usually, the next time you start Steam it well connect.

Comment

Working...
                    X