Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Problem With THe Sim Following Updates From Feb 2024 to May 2024?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Problem With THe Sim Following Updates From Feb 2024 to May 2024?

My blueprint might be messed up..... Since Late April I have designed 5 freight cars and none of them show in the preview window after making the blueprints. I have exported my models out of 3 different modeling programs and get the same result. Another user has checked my work and says all 5 cars are on the point of origin and the naming of groups is just fine. The last car that worked I made in Early Feb. Mid Feb I bought the DTG Tennessee Pass route. As a rule I stay offline. My experience has been sim updates 9-10 mess up my sim so I avoid them. But of course to get the new route into the sim I have to go online. Well, it did a 45 minute update before it would even download the new route. Up to late April it didn't seem I had issues till I went and made a freight car and then did the blueprint. This was the first car I have designed since early Feb which was before I bought the new route and that update occurred. Has anyone else been having issues with the blueprint editor? From what I've read, if the editor is jacked, I'll need to reinstall the sim which I don't want to do unless it's a last resort. Apparently there is no way to reset the editor to default and no way to repair just the editor. And honestly, bottom line, it may not be anything sim related causing this.... I'm throwing spaghetti at walls.

I fired up TSC yesterday as a change from Run 8 and ATS. Can’t say I noticed much difference, only issue I had was an OOM CTD after trying to start a new scenario after saving and abandoning the previous one. But that was already an issue before the update anyway. Some people at the DTG forum seem to think the front end is working quicker, but I still find it can take ages to load, get from the front page to the Drive menus and again into Career, Standard etc. But that’s probably my potato PC.
    Vern.

Comment

I got really annoyed with it yesterday and uninstalled the lot (nothing to do with update).
      For my sins and shame i re-installed TSW4 and had a lovely time shunting with a Class 08 on the Pennines route.

Mike.
      Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by haverfordwest View Post
        I got really annoyed with it yesterday and uninstalled the lot (nothing to do with update).
        For my sins and shame i re-installed TSW4 and had a lovely time shunting with a Class 08 on the Pennines route.

Mike.
        I am in shock…

That’s a bigger sin than voting Tory in our upcoming GE. (aka bye bye soggy Sunak).

Seriously though I do see where you’re coming from. I started several runs with different trains on different routes and for some reason all pissing me off. Class 175 on SWML - way too quiet and can’t open the windows. A diesel run on the B&O route with the GP35 but again way quiet and just sailed off with a heavy train like a sports car. Then I tried to load a scenario with a Bossman steamer at which point the aforementioned CTD occurred. Finally started a run on one of the Chinese routes but even that just felt like gliding over the rails. I still prefer TSC to TSW but there’s times when it’s a close contest.

Anyhow this evening I’ve resolved to dust off Snowrunner and try to finish Scandinavia. TBH all the trains sims can get a bit boring, even Run 8 if you play them constantly. I’m even toying with the idea of reinstalling The Witcher 3 (currently reading the book series again) and Elite Dangerous.
        Vern.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, doesn't matter who we vote for, still going to get millions more immigrants coming here and changing the UK way of life Vern.
          I can see TSW going in the bin, just tried to do the picking up the vans again. Thought i had done it wrong yesterday, because i was trapped in a siding with the vans between me and the further vans that had been dropped off by another freight working. Coupled the other end just now and this time the 08 will not push the vans out of the sidings, towards the station sidings.
          Tried all power settings and it just rolls back, which is not realistic at all.

Have you got the AP enhancement for the 175 Vern. Cannot remember if that makes it louder. Hehehehehehe B&O puts a tiger in your tank or are you too young to remember that advert 😃.
          CTD is either too much going on in the scenario or a faulty consist, i believe Vern. I much prefer TSC overall, but yesterday it just wouldn't do what i wanted, so lost my rag. I have never bought anything for TSC for China or Japan, even German stuff is rare for me even back when i used to go mad buying addons.

Agree in regards boring, over used i suppose. Never had Snowrunner, or Witcher 3. I did re-install my Call To Arms Osfront, late last night. Not installed since Feb according to Steam. Went to carry on my Finnish campaign and my saves are no longer compatible with the updates that have happened in the last few months. Fair play the developers are good with keeping the game updated and with new free content. But i have to start all over again.

I saw Homeworld 3 i think it is (the new one). Has been given more than one lousy review on YT. Disappointing as i liked the earlier releases.

Mike.
          Yma O Hyd

Comment

Just the standard 175 sounds, Mike. Might check out AP next time they have a sale as I certainly want to grab the Class 86 and Class 87 packs, get rid of the constant fan noise.

I just wish DRS had more going for it, but seems to have gone cold as regards getting the editor to handle real world data. Too long in the tooth now to go building hills and valleys from scratch. As we've said before, take all the good bits from each of the train games, put them in one great game and we'd be happy (maybe).
            Vern.

Comment

175 is pretty poor all round without the AP enhancements. 86EP and 87 Loco both worth having. I am not very good with using the tap changer though.
              DRS dev is concentrating on game play now Vern. So route editor has slipped down the priority list. Which to me seems strange, as without plenty of proto routes. People are not going to stick with the game. Yup we can only dream of train game nirvana buddy.

Mike.
              Yma O Hyd

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
                .......TBH all the trains sims can get a bit boring, even Run 8 if you play them constantly. I’m even toying with the idea of reinstalling The Witcher 3 (currently reading the book series again) and Elite Dangerous.
                I started Fallout 4 in June 2019 and now have over 13,000 hours in it.
                Never finished; every time an interesting mod is released, I start all over again.
                I've never been bored with it, unlike many other games of all genres.
                Last edited by seagoon; 05-25-2024, 04:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
                IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Comment

Working...
                X