Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TSW Screenshots

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Say what you want about dovetail, but they've got a great 3D modeling team when it comes to engines and rolling stock.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by TrainSimJack View Post
      Say what you want about dovetail, but they've got a great 3D modeling team when it comes to engines and rolling stock.
      I just wish the appropriate physics and the appropriate sounds were involved, because there would be no going back to ORTS for me.

      Appropriate sounds and physics are what keeps me hooked onto ORTS compared to any other sim
      -Shawn K-
      Derby Rail Shops
      Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by CSRX View Post

        I just wish the appropriate physics and the appropriate sounds were involved, because there would be no going back to ORTS for me.

        Appropriate sounds and physics are what keeps me hooked onto ORTS compared to any other sim
        Shawn K - Have you tried Run8?

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by TrainSimJack View Post

          Shawn K - Have you tried Run8?
          No, I have zero interest in Run8. Not my cup of coffee. Same with any of the Trainz programs.
          Not at all interested in chasing down and purchasing asset after asset just to get it to work properly.

          At least with TSW4 I can buy add ons as desired via the Xbox App on my computer or the Xbox itself, and ORTS I've built on that entire file system since 2003-2004.
          -Shawn K-
          Derby Rail Shops
          Maine Central Mountain Division: 20% Track, 10% Scenery.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by CSRX View Post

            No, I have zero interest in Run8. Not my cup of coffee. Same with any of the Trainz programs.
            Not at all interested in chasing down and purchasing asset after asset just to get it to work properly.

            At least with TSW4 I can buy add ons as desired via the Xbox App on my computer or the Xbox itself, and ORTS I've built on that entire file system since 2003-2004.
            Sorry to hear that - Run8 is probably the best sim out there in a number of ways - it's definitely nailed the physics and there's no chasing down of content, It's pretty much a closed system like TSW, and works fine without needing to track down a bunch of 3rd party stuff.

            I do get the frustration with Trainz, as I've had some experience with the Download station. That said I think the trainz developers have done some nice things with the platform.

            That said I don't think anything can compete if you have a history with a sim dating back 20 years - I'm sure your content collection is enormous, as must be your knowledge of the platform and how to get the most from it!

            Comment


              #36
              I've actually started dabbling with TSW3 a bit - NEC Trenton-NYC and Boston-Providence, and Peninsula Corridor. Sounds and physics are not terrible but not great. The eye candy is second to none I must say and I'm enjoying it so far.

              Run8 is far and away the most realistic simulator as far as physics and what not go and can be quite fun in multiplayer especially if switching is involved. While you are not required to have all the payware to play a multiplayer session, since they do have Run8 painted placeholder locomotives and cars, but that dulls the realism a bit for me.

              I've never strayed too far from ORTS though simply because each iteration seems to improve over the one prior, not to mention my collection of payware and freeware for MSTS/ORTS is rather extensive.

              Comment

              Working...
              X