X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry Sullivan

I purchased MSTS almost the day it came out from CompUSA which at the time had a store near me in Jacksonville, FL. Having run real trains at various times in my career, I had little interest in activities but was really turned on to preserve history, often of abandoned lines. A series of Milwaukee Road routes, enhanced by Lukas Lussar in Switzerland do that. After receiving a M.S.E.E. degree from Vanderbilt U. in 1963, I worked a couple of years for the Air Force and then accepted a position with the Southern Railway Test Department. Then from 3/67 to 8/78 I was supervisor of track geometry testing. Then 2 years with the FRA and I went to the Chessie System in 1980 to manage their CAD system. Retired from CSX in 2001. I had known of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic RR for years but finally rode it in 9/2014 for the first time. Qualified as a docent in 2019, and this year was 4th and last time to do that after a total of 33 trips. My wife insisted we do something else next year and I will be 86 in 2025 if I make it that far, so I figured I would be a liability rather than an asset by then & I retired. If any of you go to ride, this is by far the most and best ride you can get for the money. And if you stay in Chama, NM, stay at the Victorian B&B where my friends, the owners, will treat you really well. I might add that we are owned by 5 precious kittys ranging in age from 3 to 15. They think they own the house too but are good enough to let us live with them.
    Last edited by landnrailroader; 11-29-2023, 06:53 PM.
Working...
X