X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing myself-Dan French

I am a "pre-school newbie" to train simulation, 74 years old, used MSTS years ago, left for Flight Simulator. Have been very active in the FS community, mostly FSX. Became pretty adept at scenery making, close to 100K downloads of my sceneries total on the 2 big sites.
    I have Open Rails installed and MSTS; I have gotten some routes in and can run the Southwest Chief (one of my favorite trains to ride in real life) from Belen to Los Angeles on some superb routes and sceneries.
    I guess I have gotten to looking at some buildings and saying "Oh, I want to make a better one", but where do I start? Having a ball and love this website. Any advice for a guy who is fairly good at Sketchup models but has no clue as to what to do next to convert models and place in scenery? Where to start? What do even the basic files contain? How do I get in them? Good tutorials? Thanks for a great site, and I am looking forward to participation in the community.
    Dan French

Greetings fellow Sketchup user and train aficionado.
    You will want the Sketchup to MSTS plugin available here, https://www.trainsim.com/forums/down....php?fid=80811
    Be aware that it will only work with the free Sketchup Make 2017.
    That will put your models in the sim.
    That's a start.

Randy

Comment

Welcome back.

I still dip into Sketchup for buildings.... after 2000+ of them, it's hard not to just tweak something existing...
      If you like what you see here at Trainsim.com, be it the discussions and knowledge in the forums, items saved in our library or the ongoing development of our TSRE Fork, I hope you'll consider a paid membership to help support keeping the site operating.... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X