X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLI Repaints

Can some one repaint SLI's "BSC 4 Bay 100 Ton Coal Hoppers" set into a BNSF swoosh logo (clean) livery? PLEASE!?

Is SLI payware?
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
      Is SLI payware?
      Yes it is.

Originally posted by CATSr2 View Post
      Can some one repaint SLI's "BSC 4 Bay 100 Ton Coal Hoppers" set into a BNSF swoosh logo (clean) livery? PLEASE!?
      This should actually be in the "Items wanted" forum.
      Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Comment

Paint Buckets Again

It's payware! That means it's ILLEGAL for someone to do a repaint of the model and send it (the shape + the texture) to you!
        You of course are perfectly free to repaint your own SLI models to your hearts content but you are NOT permitted to release them without permission from SLI.

Having said that, I don't think it would be illegal to release TEXTURE files only to repaint the SLI shape as long as the Texture(s) are an ORIGINAL ( not SLI ) creation that fits the SLI shape.

It's just paint right? Ouch!
        (Dons asbestos clothing)
        Last edited by Vince; 06-26-2011, 02:00 PM.
        ............Vince ..............
        ...... Author NECv4 .......
        .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
        ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
        "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
        the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
        I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Comment

This belongs in "Items Wanted" so it is moved there.
          Last edited by BNSF1959; 06-26-2011, 02:06 PM.
          sigpic
          My Facebook Page
          Rails of the World Forum
          Mophouse-MLTDownloads Froum

Comment

Originally posted by Vince View Post
            It's payware! That means it's ILLEGAL for someone to do a repaint of the model and send it (the shape + the texture) to you!
            You of course are perfectly free to repaint your own SLI models to your hearts content but you are NOT permitted to release them without permission from SLI.

Having said that, I don't think it would be illegal to release TEXTURE files only to repaint the SLI shape as long as the Texture(s) are an ORIGINAL ( not SLI ) creation that fits the SLI shape.

It's just paint right? Ouch!
            (Dons asbestos clothing)
            Actually SLI does allow "Repaints", provided, as you (sorta) said, it is only the repainted SLI Textures which get released...NO Shape File or Sounds sharing allowed, and you properly Credit SLI as the Original Author.
            --It's all in the SLI EULA on their Web Site.
            Steven

sigpic

Comment

ok i just need some one to do the repaints for me and the rest of the train-sim community!

Comment

ok i just need some one to do the repaints for me and the rest of the train-sim community!
                No one needs to make these for the community. Being polite when asking for help will make others more inclined to provide assistance.
                Nick - Creator of the Virtual Railroading Review Show
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Train-a-Mania View Post
                  Being polite when asking for help will make others more inclined to provide assistance.

In all fairness, he was polite - until others took the topic down the rabbit hole. Political correctness lectures are about as warranted as repaint policy mis-information.

Comment

Originally posted by PXSE View Post
                    In all fairness, he was polite - until others took the topic down the rabbit hole. Political correctness lectures are about as warranted as repaint policy mis-information.
                    He did not politely introduce himself, he said he needed them, he has words in caps. To me, thats a little rude.

Sorry to be curt, but I'm not going to sugar coat it.
                    Max Brisben
                    President of Northern Vermont Locomotive Works
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vermont402 View Post
                      He did not politely introduce himself, he said he needed them, he has words in caps. To me, thats a little rude.

Sorry to be curt, but I'm not going to sugar coat it.
                      ok no one had there words in caps, and im not trying to be rude im just desprate. i would like some one to do these repaints so i and others can enjoy there good work.

Comment

ok no one had there words in caps, and im not trying to be rude im just desprate. i would like some one to do these repaints so i and others can enjoy there good work.
                        Then learn to repaint and make them yourself. There are some great tutorials on how to around this and other websites.
                        Max Brisben
                        sigpic

Comment

Vermont, your own variant of political correctness is as unwelcome as the others.

Yes, it is a shame his request did not meet your standards, where you supposedly feel personal introductions are a requirement before a request is made. But you can take your standards and go pound salt (or sugar).

Just what is it with some of you guys on here? Do I need to use the "R" word?

Comment

Originally posted by PXSE View Post
                            Vermont, your own variant of political correctness is as unwelcome as the others.

Yes, it is a shame his request did not meet your standards, where you supposedly feel personal introductions are a requirement before a request is made. But you can take your standards and go pound salt (or sugar).

Just what is it with some of you guys on here? Do I need to use the "R" word?
                            I gladly will, thanks for the idea.
                            Max Brisben
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow... reading this, it's like watching little kids fight. Max has a good point, he (the poster) number one, posted in the wrong section. Number two, he did just state what he wanted, bluntly.

Comment

Working...
                              X