Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refunded Vern, 15fps and overheating video card is not my idea of fun. Plus i really cannot afford to fry the card, at the moment.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Comment

Ouch. Basically as the reviews on Steam were reporting. Never had that issue with the first one.

I hear you about cost of replacing the card - I was almost succeeding in talking the missus around to a new PC... until we noticed the water dripping through the ceiling of the airing cupboard last week. Cue nearly £2k bill from the plumber to replace leaking C/H and H/W cylinder header tanks in the loft plus all the required plumbing changes to make the new ones fit. The joys of home ownership!
      Vern.

Comment

Yup very poor optimisation Vern. But also i wasn't that taken with the game play. I never had CS1, so didn't know what to expect. Just looking for a game to break out of the endless cycle of train games, that are all less than pleasing.

Oh hell Vern, nasty buddy. Hell of a lot of money ivolved in that repair. Yup no fun having the responsibility of the up keep of your own home.
        I never wanted to go down that road, been a council tennant since a couple of years after i was married, in the early 1970's.

Mike.
        Yma O Hyd

Comment

Today, we are happy to share with you that the 1.49 Open Beta branch for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is now available to try and test out. If you plan on participating in this Open Beta, we ask that you please help us by reporting any bugs you may encounter in the appropriate section(s) of our official forums. Your feedback and reports are extremely valuable to our team and we thank you in advance for taking the time to help us out.

All for free, are you watching dogturdgames.
          Yma O Hyd

Comment

I should have said ATS, has the same updates.
            Yma O Hyd

Comment

Bought the Balkans map dlc earlier and 3 other dlc i didn't own. Now have a complete set of dlc for both ETS2 and ATS.
              Yma O Hyd

Comment

Anyone been to Winter Wonderland yet? It’s a beautiful free (DTG take note) temporary map which SCS have put together for the Christmas season. Basically you take special containers to a portal, drops you in the new map then you pick up one to bring back. Very nice and has distracted me from pretty much everything else I’ve been playing…

Oh it also works in ATS, too.
                Vern.

Comment

Was trying to get back into this with the latest ProMods Europe and Middle East installed and a beta version selected to prevent updates knocking out ProMods.

However finding whenever I try and move the map the game is locking up then CTD.

Downloaded a so called zoom fix and background map mod but they haven't stopped the problem.

Anyone else having this issue, maybe it's the beta causing issues..?
                  Vern.

Comment

Probably the beta, Vern. Each version of PM is made to run on a specific version of the game.

Mike.
                    Yma O Hyd

Comment

Yes I switched back to the standard version of the game (non beta) and it works fine.

Started a new career, as usual doing the odd jobs make enough money to buy my first truck.

Thanks Mike.
                      Vern.

Comment

Nice one Vern, good to hear you have it working.

If i start again, i always bypass that part. With a money and XP cheat

Mike.
                        Yma O Hyd

Comment

Well I see there is now an option to buy used trucks so that might avoid the crippling loans. Though hopefully more reliable than some of the used cars I bought over the years!

I was also convinced you could now fast travel anywhere you like on the map but looks like you need to visit a location still before it unlocks.

Vern.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
                            Anyone been to Winter Wonderland yet? It’s a beautiful free (DTG take note) temporary map which SCS have put together for the Christmas season. Basically you take special containers to a portal, drops you in the new map then you pick up one to bring back. Very nice and has distracted me from pretty much everything else I’ve been playing…

Oh it also works in ATS, too.
                            A bit late in replying, but yes, I've really been enjoying the temporary winter wonderland scenery. SCS really outdid themselves on this, with some really nice details. It's been fun driving on winter roads for the first time, with snow crunching under the wheels. Especially appropriate today as outside my real world window I'm seeing the same thing!

Comment

Correct and correct Vern.

Mike.
                              Yma O Hyd

Comment

Slightly OT Mike, but did you get Pete's invitation to test his new Radnor etc. route network? You should have an entry in the conversation thread at the DTG forum.
                                Vern.

Comment

Working...
                                X